Ezell-Harding Christian School Academic Tournament (9/22/07)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
RGRummage
Lulu

Ezell-Harding Christian School Academic Tournament (9/22/07)

Post by RGRummage »

Save the date!!! I wanted to let you know that the Ezell-Harding Christian School Tournament (Nashville, TN) has been scheduled for Saturday, September 22. Notice that the date is a departure from our usual third Saturday in September, so I wanted to give you advance notice. While the ACT has always been offered in some states on the third Saturday in September, it has not been previously offered in Tennessee on that national date. Beginning in 2007, the September test will also be offered in Tennessee, so that creates a potential conflict for students in GA, SC, and now TN. Please go ahead and reserve the date--September 22. We hope we'll see you again. Thanks--Ronnie Rummage
RGRummage
Lulu

Post by RGRummage »

We have mailed the invitations for our fourteenth Ezell-Harding Christian School Academic Tournament to be held on September 22 in Nashville. If you did not receive one and would like information, please e-mail me at [email protected]. We will again use a round-robin format with tossup questions, bounceback bonus questions, and worksheets prepared this spring and summer by members of our team, as well as by faculty consultants. All rounds have five social studies tossups, five literature tossups, five science tossups, and a combination of five math, art, and music tossups. At the conclusion of the morning rounds, we will give each school a copy of the questions used for the preliminary rounds. If you have not attended our tournament before, we will also send you a round of last year's tournament questions. We look forward to having you.
RGRummage
Lulu

Post by RGRummage »

The questions are done, the readers are ready, and a strong field of competitors is preparing to descend on Nashville on September 22. This is just a reminder that the deadline for getting in on the $60.00 fee is Monday, September 10. After Monday, the fee will be $75.00. For those who have lost the earlier e-mail or who still need information, please contact me at [email protected]. See you soon.
EricLeMaster
Wakka

Post by EricLeMaster »

RGRummage wrote:The questions are done, the readers are ready, and a strong field of competitors is preparing to descend on Nashville on September 22. This is just a reminder that the deadline for getting in on the $60.00 fee is Monday, September 10. After Monday, the fee will be $75.00. For those who have lost the earlier e-mail or who still need information, please contact me at [email protected]. See you soon.
Any kind of field update ready?
Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

Can somebody there copy down win/loss results for all the games? Or take a picture of the scoreboard or something?
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
Matthew D
Yuna

Post by Matthew D »

Charlie,
The tournament hasn't happened till about 2 weeks from yesterday...
Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN)
Chairman of Anti-Music Mafia Committee

Post by Sen. Estes Kefauver (D-TN) »

Yeah, that's obvious, but I'm asking if, when there, somebody can.
Charlie Dees, North Kansas City HS '08
"I won't say more because I know some of you parse everything I say." - Jeremy Gibbs

"At one TJ tournament the neg prize was the Hampshire College ultimate frisbee team (nude) calender featuring one Evan Silberman. In retrospect that could have been a disaster." - Harry White
RGRummage
Lulu

Post by RGRummage »

Here is the current field for the fourteenth EHCS Academic Tournament to be held on September 22. We are looking forward to another day of strong competition. See you soon. RR

Apollo A and B (KY)
Bate Middle A and B (KY)
Brookwood A and B (GA)
Campbell County A and B (KY)
Chattahoochee (GA)
Christian Academy of Knoxville (CAK) (TN)
Columbia (TN)
Danville (KY)
Daviess County (KY)
Dorman A, B, and C (SC)
Dunbar A, B, and C (KY)
duPont Manual (KY)
Eastern (KY)
Edmonson County (KY)
Farragut A and B (TN)
Hillsboro (TN)
Hume-Fogg (TN)
James Island Charter (SC)
Johnson Central A and B (KY)
Lincoln County A and B (TN)
Madisonville North Hopkins (KY)
Marshall County A and B (KY)
Martin Luther King (MLK) A, B, and C (TN)
Merrol Hyde (TN)
Munford A and B (TN)
Portland A and B (TN)
Robinson (NC)
Russell A and B (KY)
Webb (TN)
West A and B (TN)
EricLeMaster
Wakka

Post by EricLeMaster »

Quite a field...
Should be fun!
pray for elves
Auron

Post by pray for elves »

I need to find someone at my old high school (Oak Ridge) and tell them to go. I hope the same person isn't still running it who was doing it my senior year.

EDIT: I realize this comes off a little weird: by "it" I meant my high school's team, not the tournament.
EricLeMaster
Wakka

Post by EricLeMaster »

EvanKindaMighty wrote:I need to find someone at my old high school (Oak Ridge) and tell them to go. I hope the same person isn't still running it who was doing it my senior year.

EDIT: I realize this comes off a little weird: by "it" I meant my high school's team, not the tournament.
I was gonna say... Dr. Rummage and his team do a really good job with the tournament, lol.
DrakeRQB
Rikku

Post by DrakeRQB »

Preliminary Standings of the top 32:

5-0 TEAMS:
1) Dorman A
2) Danville
3) Dunbar A
4) Dorman B
5) James Island
6) Brookwood A
7) MLK A
8) Chattahoochee

4-1 TEAMS:
9) Dunbar C
10) Johnson Central A
11) CAK
12) duPont Manual
13) Johnson Central B
14) Brookwood B
15) Edmonson County A
16) Russell A

3-2 TEAMS:
17) Dunbar B
18) Campbell County A
19) Daviess County
20) Dorman C
21) Webb
22) West B

2-3 TEAMS
23) West A
24) Robinson
25) Farragut A
26) Russell B
27) Hume-Fogg
28) Madisonville N Hopkins
29) Eastern
30) Marshall County A
31) MLK B
32) Lincoln County A
Alex Drake
Robinson HS
Concord, N.C.

http://www.robinsonquizbowl.com
RGRummage
Lulu

Post by RGRummage »

The previously listed preliminary standings were actually revised with these changes:

3. Chattahoochee
4. Dunbar A
5. MLK A
6. Dorman B
7. James Island
8. Brookwood A

The rest of the list is correct.

The final standings are these:
1. Dorman A
2. Chattahoochee
Semifinalists - Danville, MLK A
Quarterfinalists - Brookwood A, Dorman B, Dunbar A, James Island

Here are the results of the final matches:

Final - Dorman A over Chattahoochee
Semifinals - Chattahoochee over Danville
- Dorman A over MLK A
Quarterfinals - Dorman A over Brookwood A
- MLK A over Dunbar A
- Chattahoochee over Dorman B
- Danville over James Island

Thanks for coming today! You were an outstanding field, and we enjoyed having you! RR
DrakeRQB
Rikku

Post by DrakeRQB »

Thanks to all the folks at Ezell-Harding for a great day. We didn't do as well as we had hoped, but we had a great time. That was definitely one of the best-run tournaments we've ever been to.
Alex Drake
Robinson HS
Concord, N.C.

http://www.robinsonquizbowl.com
Byko
Yuna

Post by Byko »

Does anybody have more complete results (or even at least a list of the prelim pools and the results from the first two rounds of the playoffs if there were any upsets)? I'd appreciate any further information. Thanks!
Dave Bykowski
Furman '00
Michigan '02
PACE 1998-2009
Director, JROTC National Academic Bowl Championship