2024 NAQT SCT @ University of Florida (2/3/24)

This forum is for tournament announcements, updates, and results (official or otherwise).
SophieT
Kimahri

2024 NAQT SCT @ University of Florida (2/3/24)

Post by SophieT »

I am pleased to announce that Gator Quiz Bowl will host the Florida site of the 2024 NAQT Sectional Championship Tournament on Saturday, February 3, 2024!

This tournament will take place in-person at UF's Little Hall (1400 Stadium Rd, Gainesville, FL 32601). The opening meeting will take place at 8:45 a.m., with gameplay beginning at approximately 9:00 a.m.

Fees

Base fees: $160 base fee for the first team from a school; $135 for second or subsequent teams

Discounts*:
  • $10 discount per working buzzer system (must accommodate at least eight players)

$40 discount per experienced moderator

$20 discount (per team) for schools new to quizbowl (neither competed in nor hosted SCT/ICT/CCCT in 2022 or 2023)

$20 discount (per team) for teams that travel 200 or more miles one-way (distance measured from your campus to UF by Google Maps)
*minimum $50 fee per team.

Payment will be accepted in cash, Venmo, or Zelle. Please pay either in advance or on the day of the tournament if possible.

Registration
We will utilize NAQT's official online registration system, which can be found here.

If any questions arise before the tournament, please email the tournament director Sophie Torres at torressophia AT ufl DOT edu.
sophie torres
university of florida ‘24
president 2023-2024
she/her/they/them
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Re: 2024 NAQT SCT @ University of Florida (2/3/24)

Post by Important Bird Area »

Could someone from Florida please contact NAQT directly as soon as possible to confirm question delivery for tomorrow's SCT? Thank you!

Update: this has been resolved; thank you!
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred