Some Trash from a washed up player

Everything related to trash tournaments, including announcements, results, and discussion, goes here.
Scaled Flowerpiercer
Wakka

Some Trash from a washed up player

Post by Scaled Flowerpiercer »

Hi,

It's probably been about 7 years since I posted on this forum, but I used to be active in quizbowl in HS/College, and I help run quizbowl tournaments for very casual players at my current job, and also enjoy playing with friends. I used to get paid to write quizbowl questions, and while I haven't done anything serious in a very long time, over the last couple years I wrote a handful of trash packets. They don't have an incredibly strict distribution, they are not incredibly difficult (pyramidal and of a fair length, though I started shifting difficulty to easier as I was reading to non-quizbowl-players), but they exist and figure I might as well let people know about it if they would be interested in an organized online game or maybe just going straight to availability on an archive

I have 3 packets on "Memes", 3 packets on "Video Games", and 2 packets of "Music", and only 1/1 or less of each packet references vanity/inside joke material that I could clean up if there is any interest in this sort of thing.

Let me know if anyone actually cares about these and has interest in doing something with them.
Samuel Donow
Irvington High School '12
Williams College '16
L.H.O.O.Q.
Wakka

Re: Some Trash from a washed up player

Post by L.H.O.O.Q. »

"Memes," "Video Games," and "Music" are, respectively, my three wheelhouses in trash quiz bowl. I would be interested in seeing these questions.
Sarah Benner
Avon HS 2013-17, Purdue 2017-21
Unofficial QB Advisor for Purdue, Ohio State, and the State of Indiana

May refer to herself in the third person.
Sit Quietly, Alone
Lulu

Post by Sit Quietly, Alone »

i consider myself an enjoyer of memes and music. i, too, would like to see these questions.
Joseph Chambers
Douglas Freeman '22
Virginia '26
michellep1771
Kimahri

Post by michellep1771 »

L.H.O.O.Q. wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:51 pm "Memes," "Video Games," and "Music" are, respectively, my three wheelhouses in trash quiz bowl.
Seconded, I'm interested in hearing these too.
Michelle P.
University of Toronto '22