IQBT Regular Season Set #4 (HS) Available 1/27/24

This is the only forum where you should post and discuss offers to have your tournament set hosted at other locations.
AKKOLADE
Sin

IQBT Regular Season Set #4 (HS) Available 1/27/24

Post by AKKOLADE »

International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, LLC will be producing a regular difficulty high school set for the 2023-24 season. The set will consist of 12 rounds of 21/21 questions. The first mirror date will be January 27. The mirror fee will be $20 per team, including house teams.

This set will be head edited by Matt Weiner.

The per-round top level distribution of the set is as follows:

History 4/4
Literature 4/4 (includes 0.5/0.5 mythology and 0.25/0.25 religion)
Science 4/4
Art 3/3
Current Events 1/1
Geography 1/1
Pop culture 1/1
Miscellaneous 0.5/0.5
Religion 0.5/0.5
Social science 0.5/0.5
Thought 0.5/0.5

IQBT is offering outreach assistance with using our set. If you commit to hosting with our set, we will send, at no additional cost, 25 recruitment letters to local schools of your choice on professional IQBT letterhead and in envelopes with our logo. Additional letter sending is available at the cost of $1 per letter. Additional recruitment assistance is available as determined by our availability.

This set will be available for the 2024 calendar year.

If you are interested in using this set at your local tournament, please let me know by emailing me at [email protected].
Last edited by AKKOLADE on Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Fred Morlan
University of Kentucky CoP, 2017
International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, CEO, co-owner
former PACE member, president, etc.
former hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator
AKKOLADE
Sin

Re: IQBT Regular Season Set #4 (HS) Available 1/13/24

Post by AKKOLADE »

Future mirrors:

January 27 - Parkway South High School, Manchester, Missouri
March 2 - California Cup #3 (Competitive & Standard Divisions), Oakland High School, Oakland, California
March 16 - Detroit Catholic Central High School, Novi, Michigan
March 23 - March Academic Invitational in Nevada (MAIN), Nevada High School, Nevada, Missouri
March 30 - Eagles Academic Spring Tournament IV, Edison High School, Edison, New Jersey
April 13 - Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia
September 21 - Glasgow High School, Glasgow, Kentucky
Last edited by AKKOLADE on Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:29 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Fred Morlan
former hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

IQBT Regular Season Set #1 is available for free at https://hsquizbowl.org/db/questionsets/2833/.
Fred Morlan
mithokie
Rikku

Post by mithokie »

I am curious about your inclusion of sales tax in the price as public schools (and I imagine private schools too, but I don't have first hand knowledge) are tax exempt organizations and should be exempt from sales tax. I know if we were to choose to mirror IQBT, our school bookkeeper would take issue with our school being charged sales tax. If you had a tax exempt certificate from the school, would the fee be $20/team instead? Thanks!
Matt Beeken
Eastern Montgomery High School
Math Instructional Coach
Scholastic Bowl Coach (2022 - ??)
mbeeken AT mcps DOT org
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

mithokie wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:35 am I am curious about your inclusion of sales tax in the price as public schools (and I imagine private schools too, but I don't have first hand knowledge) are tax exempt organizations and should be exempt from sales tax. I know if we were to choose to mirror IQBT, our school bookkeeper would take issue with our school being charged sales tax. If you had a tax exempt certificate from the school, would the fee be $20/team instead? Thanks!
I was under the impression it'd be waived for in-state schools but walked away with the impression that it wasn't for out-of-state schools. I'll have to call the state tax office for clarification.
Fred Morlan
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

I just confirmed that moving forward, there is no sales tax necessary on the majority of instances of using this or other IQBT RSSes.
Fred Morlan
AKKOLADE
Sin

Re: IQBT Regular Season Set #4 (HS) Available 1/27/24

Post by AKKOLADE »

This set will be making its debut at the end of the month, and is still available for mirroring!

I just posted some feedback we received from one of our hosts who used our Regular Season Set #3 in its thread here.
Fred Morlan