CARD (HS Regs, 2023-2024)

This is the only forum where you should post and discuss offers to have your tournament set hosted at other locations.
robby_redford
Lulu

CARD (HS Regs, 2023-2024)

Post by robby_redford »

Hello, hsquizbowl!

I am pleased to announce on behalf of Livingston High School's quizbowl team that our first-ever housewrite, CARD (Compiled Academically Rigorous Documents), will be ready for mirrors starting October 1, 2023. CARD is written and edited by a team of active livilegionnaires and alumni.

CARD will have 13 packets of uniform difficulty with 21 tossups and bonuses each. Tossups are capped at 500 characters and are powermarked and pyramidal. Bonuses will each have three parts. CARD will be HS Regular difficulty - comparable to difficulty 3 on QBreader and last year's SHOW-ME set - we hope to provide an enjoyable packet reading experiences for novices and veteran players alike. There will be no computational math tossups.

CARD will be head edited by Lelun Li and Sophia Wu, while I (Robert Wang) direct communications. CARD's editing team will consist of the head editors, myself, Aum Mundhe, Andrew Zeng, Owen Mimno, Kevin Zhang, Shiva Tegulla, and Rosa Xia. If we take on more editors, this post will be updated accordingly.

CARD's distribution will be as follows:
(categories are labeled with distribution per packet while subcategories are labeled with distribution across the entire set)
History (4/4): 14/14 American, 16/16 European, 16/16 World, 6/6 Ancient (Agricultural Revolution up to 600 AD)
Literature (4/4): 11/11 American, 12/12 British, 12/12 European, 12/12 World, 5/5 Other
Science (4/4): 13/13 Biology, 13/13 Physics, 13/13 Chemistry, 4/4 Math, 5/5 Earth and Space, 4/4 Computer Science
RMPSS (3/3): 9/9 Religion and Mythology (Practices), 13/13 Religion and Mythology (Beliefs), 9/9 Philosophy, 9/9 Social Science
Fine Arts (2/2): 11/11 Auditory (Music), 11/11 Visual (Sculptures and Paintings), 4/4 Other
The World (4/4): 20/20 Geography, 13/13 Current Events, 18/18 Pop Culture

Mirror fees are 15 dollars per team, house or otherwise. We request that no edits be made to our packet by tournament hosts, and hope to have mirrors in every region of the US.

Our mainsite tournament has not been planned for a set date yet, but we aim to hold it at Livingston High School in the fall of 2023.

We are currently finished! This number will update as the mirror date gets closer.

If you would like to mirror our set or have any questions/concerns, please reply to this post and contact me at [email protected]. If you want to mirror our set, please indicate that in the subject line of your email. We live to serve.

TOURNAMENT SITES MIRRORING OUR SET:
Williams County Academic League, OH (October-November)
MAINSITE: Livingston High School, Livingston, NJ (November 4)
Lakeland High School, Deepater, MO (November 18)
Mount Pleasant High School, Mount Pleasant, MI (January 20)
Florida Quiz Bowl Alliance, FL (January-April)
Kutztown University, Kutztown, PA (February 10)
Mexico High School, Mexico, MO (March 9)
Belmont High School, Belmont, MA (March 30)
Robert Wang (he/him)

Heritage Middle School 2020-2021
Livingston High School 2021-
LHS class of 2025

"ceterum autem censeo carthaginem esse delendam"