ACRONYM 16 at RIT (4/15)

Everything related to trash tournaments, including announcements, results, and discussion, goes here.
Cosmas's Tabernacular Earth
Wakka

ACRONYM 16 at RIT (4/15)

Post by Cosmas's Tabernacular Earth »

I am pleased to announce a mirror of ACRONYM taking place at RIT on April 15, 2023. Note that this is the day before Cornell's mirror of Canadian Novice, which participants in this event are encouraged to play or staff. We will (pending room reservations) be meeting in room 3355 of the Eastman Building at 8:45 am to start the tournament at 9:00 am. Parking on campus is free on weekends, and D and E lots are both close to the Eastman building.

Eligibility
This is an open tournament. Teams of players representing multiple schools, combined teams of students and alumni (of one or more schools), and teams of just alumni (of one or more schools) are eligible to play this in addition to single-school teams.

Set Information
This tournament will run on ACRONYM 16, a pop culture set. Details about the set can be found here.

Fees
Base fee: $25 per player
Multi-tournament discount: -$5 per player who is also planning to play or staff Cornell's Canadian Novice mirror the next day
Buzzer discount: -$10 per working buzzer set
Staff discount: -$20 per staffer
Minimum fee: $10 per player

Registration
To register, fill out this form to register a team, or this form to register as a free agent. Please register by April 12.

Overnight Accommodations
If it would make your travel plans easier, RIT players may be able to host people overnight at their apartments on Friday and/or Saturday. Please contact me if you anticipate needing this.

If you have any further questions, you can email me at [email protected]
Adam Swift
RIT, 2015
Cosmas's Tabernacular Earth
Wakka

Re: ACRONYM 16 at RIT (4/15)

Post by Cosmas's Tabernacular Earth »

Congrats to Colgate for winning ACRONYM, defeating RIT Alumni 340-170 in the final. Stats are here. Thanks to everyone who came out, and thanks also to Cade Reinberger for TDing.
Adam Swift
RIT, 2015