Canadian Novice at UF

Old college threads.
gmcope123
Lulu

Canadian Novice at UF

Post by gmcope123 »

I am pleased to announce that the Florida site of 2023 Canadian Novice will be held at the University of Florida on Saturday, April 8, 2023.

The tournament will take place at Matherly Hall (1405 W University Ave, Gainesville, FL). The opening meeting will begin at 9:15 am and gameplay will begin at 9:30 am. I, Graham Cope, will be the tournament director. Please direct any questions about this site to me at [email protected].

Eligibility
As this is an introductory-level tournament targeted at less-experienced players, players who meet any of the following criteria are ineligible to play:
You have ever scored more than 60 points per game at a quizbowl tournament (excluding middle school tournaments).
You have made the playoffs at HSNCT or top 32 at NSC.
You have played ICT (DI or DII) or ACF Nationals.
If you meet one or more of these criteria but believe you still fit the intended audience of this tournament, please email [email protected] (CCing me at [email protected]) to request an eligibility exemption.

Registration
Email me at [email protected] to register for the tournament. Please register by April 2, 2023. The field cap is currently 12 teams.

Fees
Base fee: $95
New to quizbowl discount*: −$25
Travel discount: −$10 per 200 miles traveled one-way
Buzzers: −$5 per functional buzzer system

*The new to quizbowl discount is intended for schools that have not sent a team to any mainstream collegiate academic tournament (not counting exclusively novice tournaments) since September 2021, and which have no players who competed in non-novice collegiate tournaments during that same period.
Graham Cope
University of Florida
President (2022-)
Vice President (2021-22)
gmcope123
Lulu

Re: Canadian Novice at UF

Post by gmcope123 »

Field:

UF
UCF A
UCF B
UCF C
FSU A
FSU B
Last edited by gmcope123 on Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graham Cope
University of Florida
President (2022-)
Vice President (2021-22)
gmcope123
Lulu

Re: Canadian Novice at UF

Post by gmcope123 »

An update on the final results of the tournament:
Due to UCF A's top player being ineligible as stated per the tournament rules, I must vacate their win in favor of the second-place team, Florida.
Graham Cope
University of Florida
President (2022-)
Vice President (2021-22)