2023 SHOW ME @ Stevenson (4/22/23)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Rishabh Wuppalapati
Kimahri

2023 SHOW ME @ Stevenson (4/22/23)

Post by Rishabh Wuppalapati »

Hello everyone,
Stevenson High School is proud to announce that it will be hosting a mirror of SHOW ME on April 22, 2023. The tournament will be open to all teams that have not played the SHOW ME set earlier this year.

The tournament will take place in person at Adlai E. Stevenson High School, located at 1 Stevenson Drive, Lincolnshire, IL, 60069. We are located about 45 minutes north of downtown Chicago and about an hour south of downtown Milwaukee. We intend to begin the tournament at approximately 8:30 am.

Entry Fees and Discounts:
Base Fee: $85 per team
Buzzers: $5 discounted per team
New to Quizbowl: $25 discounted per team

Payment can be made the day of the tournament either by cash, check, PayPal, or Zelle. Please make checks out to "Adlai E. Stevenson High School.”

Staffing:
Stevenson is looking for staffers! Staffers will be paid $60 for an entire day of work, with options for volunteering if staffers are not legally old enough to work. All payment will be made through Zelle, and the link to staff is below:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link

Format:
This tournament will follow modified IHSBCCA rules. We will have teams of 5 competing, with 15 point powers, -5 point negs, and bouncebacks on bonus questions.

Food:
Various restaurants may be found in the vicinity of campus.

Question Set:
SHOW ME

Team Limit:
Up to four teams from a school may register, although only the first two teams registered will automatically be entered into the field, with the others remaining on a waitlist.

Field Size:
The field is tentatively capped at 32 teams, although this may increase based on tournament interest.

To register to compete, please fill out the following form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... A/viewform

Timeline:
Here are some important dates:
Saturday, April 8th: Multiple team deadline
Saturday, April 15th: Priority deadline
Tuesday, April 18th: Registration deadline
Saturday, April 22nd: Day of Tournament

Feel free to contact me at [email protected] for any reason.
Rishabh Wuppalapati
Stevenson ‘23