Open Call for Staffers [Indiana, Jan 21, 2023]

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
L.H.O.O.Q.
Wakka

Open Call for Staffers [Indiana, Jan 21, 2023]

Post by L.H.O.O.Q. »

If this is not the appropriate spot for this post, please move it accordingly.

The Indiana Association of School Principals is going to host their Area Championship tournaments on January 21st, 2023. This event consists of a number of simultaneous tournaments across the state hosted on IS-218A. On the whole, Indiana lacks experienced readers for quizbowl events. So, if you happen to be nearby, and would like to volunteer to cross state borders and facilitate a good quizbowl tournament, please read further:

There are 5 Area hosts this year. Below is more information on each:

Saint Joseph High School
City: South Bend
Approximate location: along the border with Michigan
Field size: 14
Other notes: I believe they already have help from Notre Dame Quiz Bowl.

Homestead High School
City: Fort Wayne
Approximate location: far north, near the border with Ohio
Field size: 7
Other notes: I am not in direct conversation with this host, but I can still contact them.

McCutcheon High School
City: Lafayette
Approximate location: midway between Chicago and Indianapolis, very close to Purdue
Field size: 8
Other notes: TD has requested "all the help we can get."

Center Grove High School
City: Greenwood
Approximate location: immediately south of Indianapolis
Field size: 12
Other notes: I am not in direct conversation with this host, but I can still contact them.

Sullivan High School
City: Sullivan
Approximate location: about 25mi south of Terre Haute, close to border with Illinois
Field size: 6
Other notes: TD has requested two staffers.

Some additional information relevant to tournaments run by the IASP: as staffers, you will not be obligated to keep score. The IASP uses a system where teams' coaches double as scorekeepers, and teams are not allowed to be without a coach, so you can expect every room to have two people dedicated to scorekeeping.

Also, no matter what size the field is, the tournaments will end with a single-elimination "playoff." If you need to leave early for any reason, I believe we can set up scheduling such that your room is no longer used after the first round of eliminations.

I am not sure how much I'll be able to compensate you financially, but I'm willing to work with you to find a good amount.

If you are interested, please email me at [email protected] with the subject line "IASP Staff."
Sarah Benner
Avon HS 2013-17, Purdue 2017-21
Unofficial QB Advisor for Purdue, Ohio State, and the State of Indiana

May refer to herself in the third person.