2022 ARCADIA @ McMaster (11/26/2022)

Old college threads.
Oganesson
Kimahri

2022 ARCADIA @ McMaster (11/26/2022)

Post by Oganesson »

I am pleased to announce that McMaster University will be hosting the Canadian circuit mirror of ARCADIA on Saturday, November 26, 2022. I, Adrian Wong, will be the tournament director. I may be reached by email at [email protected].

Logistics:
This mirror will be held in person on the 2nd floor of the McMaster University Student Centre, and will be supported by a Discord server through which all announcements and the schedule will be posted. The opening meeting will take place at 8:45 am EST, and gameplay will begin at 9:00 am EST. We are hoping for gameplay to end at around 6:00 pm EST, after which a closing meeting will take place, followed by finals if needed.

This tournament is open to all collegiate teams, although preference will be given to teams currently belonging to the Canadian circuit. Please note that the field size is capped to 8 teams. If you are interested in sending a team to this mirror, please fill out this Google Form. Registration will close on Thursday, November 24, 2022, at 11:59 pm EST.

Fees and Payments:
  • CA$120 baseline fee per team
  • CA$10 discount for each set of buzzers provided by a team
  • CA$15 discount for each moderator provided by a team (must have a functioning computer and internet connection)
  • CA$20 discount per team from schools that are new to quizbowl (schools that did not play a regular-difficulty quizbowl tournament before September 1, 2021)
All Canadian teams will, by default, pay by e-transfer. Instructions for e-transfer will be given out following the tournament. If you are not from a Canadian school or wish to pay via an alternative method, please indicate your preferred mode of payment in the Google Form above.

Code of Conduct:
McMaster is dedicated to ensuring a fair and respectful playing environment for all tournament participants. Consequently, all players and staff at this tournament must abide by the 2021 WORKSHOP Code of Conduct.

Set Information:
More information about the ARCADIA set can be found here.
Adrian Wong
McMaster '23
University of Ottawa, MD '27
Co-President, McMaster Quizbowl

"I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future." - Dan Quayle