IHSSBCA Kickoff 2022 @ Centennial HS, Champaign, IL (11/19/2022)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
aycheun
Kimahri

IHSSBCA Kickoff 2022 @ Centennial HS, Champaign, IL (11/19/2022)

Post by aycheun »

On Saturday, November 19, 2022, Centennial High School in Champaign, IL will be one of the host locations for the IHSSBCA David L. Riley Kickoff.

Rules
The NAQT IS-215 set will be used and it will follow the IHSSBCA tournament rules which can be found here!

Registration
The registration form to sign up for the Kickoff Tournament is located here.

Every school must have a current IHSSBCA member to register for a Kickoff; if you are not a member, register here.

National Qualification
The top 20% of teams at each site, rounded up, will qualify for the High School National Championship Tournament. Teams from schools that meet NAQT’s definition of a small school and finish sufficiently well will qualify for NAQT’s Small School National Championship.

Tournament Fee
The entry fee is $65 per team. If you have a working buzzer system, please bring one! Checks can either be sent prior to the tournament, or brought on the day of. A formal invoice will be created and sent when I receive your registration form. Checks can be made out to the following address:
ATTN: Andrew Cheun
Centennial High School
913 Crescent Dr.
Champaign, IL 61821

Staffing
If you are able to help moderate, we will definitely be in need of moderators depending on how many teams register. Please contact me, or mark it on your registration form, if you are able to help. Staffers will be paid $45 for the day, or the $45 can be discounted from your registration fee.

Lunch
Lunch will not be provided, so you will need to make accommodations. There are a plethora of options within a close distance from the school, or your school can bring lunch and eat in our cafeteria.

Current Field
Champaign Centennial A
Champaign Centennial B
Paxton-Buckley-Loda
Monticello
Mattoon A
Mattoon B
University Lab (Urbana) A
University Lab (Urbana) B
University Lab (Urbana) C
Champaign Central
Charleston

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at [email protected]!
Andrew Cheun
Barrington Station Middle School '09
Barrington High School '13
Champaign Centennial Scholastic Bowl Coach ('17-Present)