Logomachy @ UChicago 11/19/22

Old college threads.

What format should we run for Logomachy?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:17 pm

Duos
100%
Teams of Four
No votes

Total votes: 3

vkssony
Lulu

Logomachy @ UChicago 11/19/22

Post by vkssony »

I am pleased to announce that UChicago will be hosting an in-person mirror of Logomachy on November 19th, 2022. More information about the set can be found here.

We are currently planning on running this tournament as a standard four-person team tournament, but we are open to changing the format based on feedback. We will be running this tournament with teams of two.

Registration
To sign up, please email me at [email protected] with your team name, number of buzzers, and number of staff with laptops you are bringing. Our initial field cap will be 8, although if there is interest we will expand the field.

Fees
Base cost: $15 x number of players on team
Buzzer discount: -$5 per functional buzzer system
Staff discount: -$10 per approved staffer

Logistics
We plan to hold start this tournament at 7pm shortly after the end of UChicago's mirror of CMST II. It will take place in Cobb Hall (5811 S Ellis Ave, Chicago, IL 60637).

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at [email protected] or Ned Tagtmeier at [email protected]. Looking forward to seeing you there!
Last edited by vkssony on Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vivek Sasse
UChicago 2023
vkssony
Lulu

Re: Logomachy @ UChicago 11/19/22

Post by vkssony »

I have created a team formation spreadsheet that can be found here. The spreadsheet is currently set up for teams of four, but I have also added a format poll to this post to see if people would prefer a different format.
Vivek Sasse
UChicago 2023
Harpie's Feather Duster
Forums Staff: Administrator

Post by Harpie's Feather Duster »

This is now two weeks away. Has it been determined if we're doing doubles or quads for this?
Dylan Minarik

Hamburger University 'XX
Northwestern '17
Belvidere North High School '13

Member Emeritus, PACE

JRPG Champion, BACK TO BACK Robot Slayer
vkssony
Lulu

Post by vkssony »

Harpie's Feather Duster wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:19 pm This is now two weeks away. Has it been determined if we're doing doubles or quads for this?
Based on the results of the poll and the amount of interest in this tournament, we will be doing duos. The tournament post has been updated to reflect this.
Vivek Sasse
UChicago 2023
vkssony
Lulu

Post by vkssony »

Since I do not have all the emails of the teams playing, I am posting the schedule here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1a9L ... sp=sharing.
Vivek Sasse
UChicago 2023
vkssony
Lulu

Post by vkssony »

I have uploaded stats for the tournament that can be found here. Thanks to everyone to played and especially to Connor, Jay, Ned, and Nermeen for staying after CMST to staff!
Vivek Sasse
UChicago 2023