2022 Penn Bowl at Duke (10/22/2022)

Old college threads.
Heiliger Dankgesang
Wakka

2022 Penn Bowl at Duke (10/22/2022)

Post by Heiliger Dankgesang »

I am pleased to announce that Duke Quiz Bowl will be hosting the Lower Mid-Atlantic mirror of 2022 Penn Bowl. Further details about the set can be found here.

Please direct any questions about this tournament to me at jacob [DOT] egol [AT] duke [DOT] edu or post them in this thread. We hope to see you soon!

Time and Place:
This tournament will be held on October 22, 2022 in Classroom Building. The opening meeting will begin at 8:45 am Eastern Time and gameplay will begin at 9:00 am. Kevin Thomas and Kevin Jiang will be the tournament directors.

Rules and Eligibility:
This tournament will use ACF’s gameplay rules with their addendum for the inclusion of powermarks, and it is open to any team that complies with ACF's eligibility rules (i.e. closed collegiate teams).

COVID-19 Policy:
Since Duke University currently does not require masking in classrooms, masks will be optional at this tournament. However, all attendees must be vaccinated.

Registration and Field Size:
Registration for this tournament is now closed. The field can be viewed below.

Fees and Payment:
Base fee: $120 per team
Buzzer discount: –$5 per functional buzzer system that supports at least 8 players
Team-provided staff discount: –$10 per experienced staffer; staff must be able to complete a round in 40 minutes and have functional laptops and internet connectivity.
Distance discount: –$10 per 200 miles traveled one-way from your school to Duke (according to Google Maps)
"New to quizbowl" discount: –$20 for any school whose teams have never played a regular-difficulty (not exclusively novice) collegiate academic tournament before September 1, 2021 and whose players have not formerly played such tournaments for another school.
Minimum fee: $50 per team; you may supply as many staff and buzzers as you would like and you may travel as far as you please, but you will not be discounted beyond the minimum fee.

We will accept payment via check, Venmo, or PayPal. Teams will be provided with an invoice and an account/address for payment once they register. Any questions or concerns regarding payment should be sent to me directly.

Code of Conduct:
Duke Quiz Bowl is committed to fostering a safe and welcoming environment for everyone. All of this tournament’s players and staff will be required to abide by the 2021 WORKSHOP Code of Conduct (with online-specific protocols adjusted for being in-person).
Last edited by Heiliger Dankgesang on Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:37 am, edited 6 times in total.
Jacob Egol
Duke '23
Ranney '19
ACF
Heiliger Dankgesang
Wakka

Re: 2022 Penn Bowl at Duke (10/22/2022)

Just a heads-up that we plan to run this tournament next Saturday— registration for this tournament will close in just under one week. Please fill out the Google Form if you would like to play!
Jacob Egol
Duke '23
Ranney '19
ACF
Heiliger Dankgesang
Wakka

Field:

UNC A
UNC B
UVA A
UVA B
Duke A
Duke B
Jacob Egol
Duke '23
Ranney '19
ACF
Heiliger Dankgesang
Wakka

Registration for this tournament is now closed— teams will receive a logistics email by tomorrow afternoon.
Jacob Egol
Duke '23
Ranney '19
ACF
I like cookies
Lulu

Post by I like cookies »

Massive thanks to everyone who joined us at Duke to play this wonderful set! It was a pleasure to have you all!

UNC A (Jonathan Shauf, Jim Fan, Ivvone Zhou, Rasheeq Azad) cleared the field with a record of 9-0 and UVA A (David Bass, Alana Dickey, Joseph Chambers, Maria Lyons) took 2nd with a record of 8-2.

Stats can be accessed here :
Last edited by I like cookies on Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin O Thomas
Enloe '18
UNC '22