2022 ARCADIA Playtest Mirror (10/30/22)

Old college threads.
Heiliger Dankgesang
Wakka

2022 ARCADIA Playtest Mirror (10/30/22)

Post by Heiliger Dankgesang »

I am pleased to announce that the playtest mirror of 2022 ARCADIA will be held on October 30, 2022. Further details about the set can be found here.

Please direct any questions about this tournament to me at jacob [DOT] egol [AT] duke [DOT] edu or post them in this thread.

Time and Place:

This tournament will be held online on Sunday, October 30, 2022, with Discord used as a centralized hub and Zoom with Buzzin.Live used for gameplay. Round 1 will begin at 10:00 am Eastern Time. We are hosting this tournament on a Sunday rather than on a Saturday because all of our possible TDs have more limited or no availability on October 29 and may possibly also be unavailable on October 22.

A logistics email will be sent to all registered teams during the week of the tournament.

Rules:

This tournament will use ACF’s gameplay rules, with their addenda for the inclusion of powermarks and any necessary modifications for online quizbowl.

Eligibility:

This tournament is open to all “open” players (that is, players not currently affiliated with any academic institution), as well as to any closed collegiate teams who are from ARCADIA host schools and are comprised of players who will staff or otherwise not play said institutions’ mirrors of ARCADIA.

If you do not fit into either of the above categories but would like to play this tournament, please email me explaining your situation. Please also note that we reserve the right to split up teams that we feel are too strong and won't help us adequately playtest our set.

To register for this tournament, please email me at jacob [DOT] egol [AT] duke [DOT] edu.

A team formation spreadsheet is available here. Please note that you are still required to email me in order to officially register.

This tournament’s field will be capped at 8 teams.

Payment:

The fee for this tournament will be $20 per person. Payment by Venmo or PayPal is preferred; if this does not work for you, please contact me and another form of payment can be arranged.

Code of Conduct:

The ARCADIA Team is committed to fostering a safe and welcoming environment for everyone. All players and staff will be required to affirm a Code of Conduct prior to this tournament in order to participate in it.

Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to playtesting ARCADIIA soon!
Last edited by Heiliger Dankgesang on Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jacob Egol
Duke '23
Ranney '19
ACF
Mike Bentley
Sin

Re: 2022 ARCADIA Playtest Mirror (10/30/22)

Post by Mike Bentley »

Not the TD but looks like there are 7ish teams right now which is not usually a good number. Bumping to remind people this mirror exists this weekend.
Mike Bentley
Treasurer, Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence
Adviser, Quizbowl Team at University of Washington
University of Maryland, Class of 2008
Heiliger Dankgesang
Wakka

The field is now closed at 8 teams— a logistics email and tournament server will be sent out tomorrow mid-day. Please email me to confirm your team's registration if you have not done so already.

Also, there are still two free agents— if teams do not add them by tomorrow evening, then I will place them.
Jacob Egol
Duke '23
Ranney '19
ACF
Heiliger Dankgesang
Wakka

Congratulations to mTörhead (Eric Mukherjee, Joey Goldman, Mik Larsen, and Leo Law) for winning today's tournament with an 8-2 record. [Teams declined to play a final.] Stats may be found here. All players today are invited to join our private discussion forum, and please pay your registration fees if you have not done so already.

Thank you again to everyone who playtested 2022 ARCADIA today! We are very grateful for your time and feedback, and we look forward to a successful few months of mirrors ahead.
Jacob Egol
Duke '23
Ranney '19
ACF