2022 ARCADIA @ OSU 2022-12-03

Old college threads.
tiersetat
Lulu

2022 ARCADIA @ OSU 2022-12-03

Post by tiersetat »

Hello! I am pleased to announce that the Academic Team at Ohio State University will be hosting the Great Lakes mirror of 2022 ARCADIA on December 3, 2022. Further details about the set can be found here.

The tournament will take place online. There will be a brief opening meeting at 9:50 AM EST, and gameplay will begin at 10 AM EST. I, Luke Miceli, will be the tournament director. Please direct any questions about this site to me at [email protected]

Registration
To register for this tournament, email me at [email protected]. Please let me know how many teams you’re bringing, the rosters for those teams, and if you intend to bring any staffers and/or buzzers. I’ll try to invoice teams as soon as possible after they register. For now, I’m putting a cap of 16 teams for registration, though I’m flexible to change that if demand is high enough and we have enough staffers/rooms.

Rules and Eligibility
This tournament will use ACF’s gameplay rules with their addendum for the inclusion of powermarks, and it is open to any team that complies with ACF's eligibility rules (i.e. closed collegiate teams). Closed high school teams may not play this mirror.

Fees and Payment
Base fee: $120
New to quizbowl discount: −$40
Shorthanded discount (1–2 players): −$50
Staffers: −$20
Buzzer discount: −$10
The new to quizbowl discount is intended for schools that did not send a team to any regular collegiate academic tournament (exclusively Novice tournaments do not count) since September 2021, and have no one on the team(s) claiming this discount who played those tournaments for another school.

We can accept payment via cash or checks made out to “The Academic Team at Ohio State University”. Please email me if you have any questions or concerns regarding payment.

Code of Conduct
All of this tournament’s players and staff will be required to abide by the 2021 WORKSHOP Code of Conduct (with online-specific protocols adjusted for being in-person). Additionally, we will be requiring masks at this tournament.

If there’s any info you need that I’ve missed, please let me know. Otherwise, we look forward to seeing you at OSU on December 3!
Last edited by tiersetat on Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luke Miceli
The Ohio State University 2024
tiersetat
Lulu

Re: 2022 ARCADIA @ OSU 2022-12-03

Post by tiersetat »

Current field:
- CMU
- Georgia Tech (x2)
- OSU
Last edited by tiersetat on Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luke Miceli
The Ohio State University 2024