Winter Closed @ Maryland (9/24/22)

Old college threads.
Tippy Martinez
Wakka

Winter Closed @ Maryland (9/24/22)

Post by Tippy Martinez »

Hello! I am pleased to announce a mirror of Winter Closed, a regular difficulty tournament, to be held in-person at the University of Maryland on September 24th, 2022. More info on the question set can be found here.

This tournament will take place in beautiful and historic Jimenez Hall, on the campus of the University of Maryland in College Park. College Park is accessible either by driving or DC Metro.

Registration
To register for this tournament, please email me at cjmayers [at] comcast [dot] net. In your email please include the follwoing information
1. Your school name
2. The number of teams you would like to register
3. Any discounts you would like to claim
4. A name and phone number of a team contact for the day of the tournament

Fees
$120 per team
-$10 per buzzer system (max 2)
-$20 per competent staffer (including laptop)
(Minimum fee per team will be $40)

COVID Protocol
Update: out of caution I will be asking everyone who is playing this tournament to wear a mask.

Field
Maryland (3 teams)
VCU (1 team)
James Madison (2 teams)
Rutgers (1 teams)
Penn (1 team)

I can't wait to kick off the year with you all in the livable community soon!
Last edited by Tippy Martinez on Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:03 pm, edited 7 times in total.
connor mayers
maryland
Mygs12
Kimahri

Re: Winter Closed @ Maryland (9/24/22)

Post by Mygs12 »

I sent an email but I have not received a response. Is this tournament still on?

User was reminded to enable a signature. --Mgmt.
Tippy Martinez
Wakka

Post by Tippy Martinez »

The field is now closed. Registered teams should have received a logistics email at the address you registered at.
connor mayers
maryland
The Sawing-Off of Manhattan Island
Rikku

Post by The Sawing-Off of Manhattan Island »

Congrats to Penn A for defeating Rutgers A in the first game of an advantaged final to take the tournament! Full stats are now available here https://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/7672/. Feel free to message me with any individual stats corrections you might have.

Huge thank you to all the staffers - JJ Tsai, David Song, Matt Weiner, Ophir, Hasna Karim, Jordan Brownstein, and Talia Coopersmith - who made this tournament run very smoothly. Hopefully everyone got to have a great experience at historic Jimenez Hall!