Saucy Invitational 2022 (July 16th, Online, Saucy Housewrite)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
lesauce
Kimahri

Saucy Invitational 2022 (July 16th, Online, Saucy Housewrite)

Post by lesauce »

Overview
I, Prajval Kesireddy, will be directing a free, online tournament with Ethan Feldman at Regular High School Difficulty. The set does not include bonuses and powers will be worth 20 points. The tournament will be conducted with 24 teams of duos. My email is [email protected] if you have any further questions.

Special shout out to set writers/editors: Angela Sun, Ethan Feldman, Kartik Bhat, Rohan Navaneetha, Sarah Dong, Shayak Chakrabarti, and Varun Sathyajeeth. They spent a lot of time working on writing this set so make sure to thank them!

This is the category/sub category distribution: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-U ... RdFD4/edit

Date
Saturday, July 16th, 2022

Times (All Times in Eastern Standard Time)
9:30 AM: Opening Staff Meeting
9:45 AM: General Opening Meeting
10:00 AM: Games Begin
12:00 PM: Lunch
1:00 PM: Playoffs/Consolation Games Begin
Approx 2:45 PM: Finals

Platform
The tournament will be held over Discord and will use buzzin.live.

Registration
All teams/staffers should click here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing to register. There is a cap to 24 teams and two people per team.

Staffers will be given volunteer hours for their service.

Fees
This tournament is entirely free. However, after 17 registrations, teams must provide me with a staffer who is willing to read 10 rounds worth of tossups (unless there are no remaining spots left for staffers).

Eligibility
The High School Class of 2021 and younger can play.

Divisions
There will be four prelims divisions. Top three teams per division make the playoffs bracket and the bottom three teams make the consolation bracket. The two teams with the best record in playoffs will be playing a finals game, which could be advantaged based on the teams’ respective records.

Cheating
To prevent cheating, each player will have to keep their cameras on with their face and at least one hand visible. Camera exemptions must be explicitly granted by me and will be sparingly given if there is a valid reason
Last edited by lesauce on Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Prajval Kesireddy
Solon, HS Class of ‘24
CabbageHugs
Lulu

Re: Saucy Invitational 2022 (July 16th, Online, Saucy Housewrite)

Post by CabbageHugs »

I presume the times after 11 AM are meant to say PM and the tournament will not be going for 14 hours. That would make this tournament less fun than it seems.
Elle Lee
she|they
Longfellow (2017-19)
Thomas Jefferson(2019-2023)
Longfellow (2023-)
lesauce
Kimahri

Re: Saucy Invitational 2022 (July 16th, Online, Saucy Housewrite)

Post by lesauce »

Eligibility has been extended to all members of the High School Class of 2021 and younger!
Prajval Kesireddy
Solon, HS Class of ‘24