NAQT is now accepting writer applications

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

NAQT is now accepting writer applications

Post by Important Bird Area »

naqt.com wrote:NAQT will be considering contract-writer applications from June 1 until July 31.

Prospective writers must be at least 18 years old when they apply. Applicants who will turn 18 between August 1 and October 31 (inclusive) of the year they apply may submit an application in June or July, specifying their birthdate; if they are hired, they will be able to start after turning 18.

Prospective writers must have, or be expected to have, a high school diploma (or equivalent) by August 1 of the year in which they apply.

Prospective writers must submit ten sample questions (tossups or three-part bonuses, at least three of each kind).

Prospective writers must not live in, regularly stay in, or be legal residents of California.

Application questions must never have been shown to any other person besides the applicant and NAQT.
Full details are posted here.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Re: NAQT is now accepting writer applications

Post by Important Bird Area »

Reminder that NAQT will be considering 2022 contract-writer applications until July 31. Potential writers must have a high school diploma, and must have turned 18 on or prior to October 31, 2022.

New writers start out at $4.39 to $4.67 per tossup and $3.94 to $3.99 per bonus (depending on difficulty). We also have a "consistency bonus" program- within a few weeks, it's possible for new writers to earn up to $5.05 – $5.38 per tossup and $4.53 – $4.59 per bonus.

Please read this page for more details on writing positions.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred