Illinois Open at MIT (2/26/2022)

Old college threads.
catherinemei
Lulu

Illinois Open at MIT (2/26/2022)

Post by catherinemei »

Hello everyone! We are pleased to announce a mirror of Illinois Open at MIT on February 26th, 2022. More information on the set can be found here. This is an open tournament so anyone can play with anyone regardless of school enrollment or affiliation.

The tournament will take place in building 4 of MIT. A campus map can be found here.

Registration
To register for this tournament, please email me at meic1212 [at] mit [dot] edu. In your email, please provide your team name, the names of your players, and an emergency contact phone number from one of the players. Here is a team formation sheet. Please keep in mind that filling it out does NOT mean that you are registered; you have to email me to register.

The field cap will be 10 teams.

Fees
Base Fee: $120/team
Buzzers: -$10/working buzzer system
Staffers: -$15/competent staffer
Travel: -$10 for teams traveling more than 200 miles one way

Payment will be taken at check-in on February 26th, either by cash or a check made out to "MIT Quiz Bowl Team".

Health Protocols
As per MIT guidelines, all players and staff must be vaccinated, and all attendees will be required to wear a mask for this event.

We will also be hosting a mirror of TELEOLOGY (information here) as a side event, pending interest. An interest sheet is attached to the main team formation sheet. Please indicate your preferences for format (e.g. shootout, duos) and day (either a shorter tournament after Illinois Open on Saturday or a longer one on Sunday, the day after) - details for the tournament will be decided based on these responses.
Catherine Mei

Glenbrook North HS '19
MIT '23
catherinemei
Lulu

Re: Illinois Open at MIT (2/26/2022)

Post by catherinemei »

Hi everyone!

Please make sure you email me to confirm your registration if you would like to play. We've already reached the field cap based on the team formation sheet, so please do let me know!
Catherine Mei

Glenbrook North HS '19
MIT '23
catherinemei
Lulu

Post by catherinemei »

Thanks for coming to Illinois Open, and congrats to our top teams Golfinos et al. (first place!) and Reviewer 1, I Married Him (second place!).

The statistics for the tournament should be uploaded at: https://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/7328/
Catherine Mei

Glenbrook North HS '19
MIT '23
t-bar
Tidus

Post by t-bar »

I thought this tournament ran very well. Reading difficult questions all day in masks isn't easy, yet the staffers uniformly performed their jobs with enthusiasm and aplomb. Much thanks to MIT, and to the area staffer(s?) as well!
Stephen Eltinge
Then: TJ, MIT, Yale, PACE, NAQT
Now: ACF