NAQT SCT @ Georgia Tech (2/5/22)

Old college threads.
Bhagwan Shammbhagwan
Wakka

NAQT SCT @ Georgia Tech (2/5/22)

Post by Bhagwan Shammbhagwan »

Georgia Tech is proud to announce the Southeast mirror of the 2022 NAQT Sectional Championship Tournament on Saturday, February 5, 2022. We currently plan for this tournament to be in-person.

This tournament will take place in the Instructional Center (759 Ferst Dr, Atlanta, GA 30318).

Fees and Discounts:

$145 base fee for the first team from a school; $120 for second or subsequent teams

-$10 discount per working buzzer system (must accommodate at least eight players)
-$40 discount per experienced moderator
-$20 discount (per team) for schools new to quizbowl (neither competed in nor hosted SCT or ICT in 2020 or 2021)
-$20 discount (per team) for teams that travel 60 or more miles one-way (distance measured from your campus to Georgia Tech by Google Maps)

Payment:

Payment will be taken on the day of the tournament. We accept check, Venmo, or Paypal, though we strongly prefer check. Checks must be written out to the Georgia Tech Academic Quizbowl Team.

This tournament will use NAQT's online registration system. Please register here.

If you have any questions, please email [email protected]. We look forward to seeing you!
Hari Parameswaran
Beavercreek High School '19
Georgia Tech '23
ACF, PACE
Bhagwan Shammbhagwan
Wakka

Re: NAQT SCT @ Georgia Tech (2/5/22)

Post by Bhagwan Shammbhagwan »

Congratulations to Vanderbilt A for clearing the DI field and to UGA B for defeating Vanderbilt C in an advantaged final to take the DII title!

Stats can be found here. If you notice any discrepancies, please let me know immediately so I can fix those. We hope to see you all at future Georgia Tech tournaments!
Hari Parameswaran
Beavercreek High School '19
Georgia Tech '23
ACF, PACE
GallatinGOAT2020
Lulu

Re: NAQT SCT @ Georgia Tech (2/5/22)

Post by GallatinGOAT2020 »

One thing I would like to note: There were repeated instances of moderators erroneously reading from the Division I packet during Division II play. I can't speak for other teams, but it happened to Tennessee A on two separate occasions (one of which was almost a full half) and happened to Tennessee B for a full half.

I also heard claims that the same issue happened in Division I, but I am unable to personally verify this.

In the future, it may be necessary to develop a new system of sending packets to moderators (as this potentially could have affected the outcomes of games.)
William Barnes

Gallatin (TN) '20
President of UT-Knoxville Quizbowl ('24)