2021 ACF Winter (Nationwide HS Mirror)

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
oriley
Wakka

2021 ACF Winter (Nationwide HS Mirror)

Post by oriley »

I am pleased to announce that the high school site of 2021 ACF Winter will be held over Zoom and buzzin.live on Sunday, November 7, 2021. Gameplay will begin at 9 AM Central; teams are expected to be in their rooms at 8:45. Please direct any questions you may have to me at oriley1201 AT icloud DOT com.

This tournament will be co-directed by myself and Cornell’s Nathan Zhang.

Eligibility
In general, teams where players are all attending the same school and all taking at least one class for credit during the 2021–2022 school year are eligible to play 2021 ACF Winter. ACF’s full eligibility rules are available here. Questions about eligibility should be directed to [email protected].

Rules
This tournament will follow ACF’s official gameplay rules. Rules specifically pertaining to online tournaments have been rendered in blue.

To prevent cheating, all players will be required to have both of their hands and their screen in view of a camera. This may be easily accomplished with a second camera angle, or by buzzing on a phone. For this reason, unfortunately we will not be able to permit any camera exemptions. Those who have issues with Internet who wish to play this tournament might be able to inquire as to whether their school would allow their team to use a classroom for the day, for example. Teams meeting in the same in-person location are required to have two hands in view of a camera, but may omit their screen.

Registration
Fill out the central 2021 ACF Winter registration form with all relevant information. The form is here. The field for each site can be found here.

The field cap is 18. We may expand the field if we have sufficient staff. Please register by November 1, 2021.

Fees
  • Base fee: $150
  • New to quizbowl discount: −$100
  • Shorthanded discount (1–2 players): −$75
  • Staffers: −$25 per staffer. Staffers must register with ACF in advance by filling out this form.
For this site, the new to quizbowl discount is intended for schools that have not sent a team to any mainstream
academic quizbowl tournament (not counting exclusively novice tournaments) since September 2020, and which have no players who competed in non-novice tournaments during that same period.

Packet Submission
High school teams are not required to submit half-packets.

Recordings
This tournament will be recording several games. Teams who wish to be recorded must fill out a waiver form, which I will email to you upon registration. Refusing to fill out the form will NOT disqualify any team from the tournament.
Owen Riley
Inver Hills ’23
Northfield coach