On writing better literature questions

Elaborate on the merits of specific tournaments or have general theoretical discussion here.
caroline
Rikku

Post by caroline »

https://carolinemao.notion.site/On-writing-better-literature-questions-7a7b80d866034fafbc47f263abed8787

Hi! My name's Caroline and I edited literature for 2021 WORKSHOP and 2019 ACF Fall. I'm also currently editing lit for 2022 WORKSHOP and I made a lit writing guide for my mentees, which I thought could be helpful for the wider community.

A little bit of a disclaimer: this is tailored for the audience of "new writers writing literature for WORKSHOP, a 3 dot difficulty collegiate set," so if you are part of another audience (very experienced, writing for a different difficulty, not familiar with WORKSHOP's rather specific workflow as a mentorship program, etc), then some of the advice is likely not applicable. Nonetheless, I think lots of the advice within can be helpful to a wide range of people.

Here is a PDF version of this guide.

I hope you'll find this helpful! If you have questions or comments, feel free to DM me.
Last edited by caroline on Wed May 31, 2023 1:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Caroline Mao • 毛宇晨 [they/she]
Barnard College '22, American International School of Guangzhou '18
Misconduct Representative, ACF | Misconduct Reporting Form
Webmaster, ACF
Stained Diviner
Auron

Re: On writing better literature questions

Post by Stained Diviner »

Thank you for posting this. It is very good, and in my opinion as somebody who writes easier sets everything you wrote scales perfectly well.
David Reinstein
Head Writer and Editor for Scobol Solo, Masonics, and IESA; TD for Scobol Solo and Reinstein Varsity; IHSSBCA Board Member; IHSSBCA Chair (2004-2014); PACE President (2016-2018)