2020 FLopen - Scrimmage of on Final Three Packets for College Teams

Old college threads.
TaylorH
Wakka

2020 FLopen - Scrimmage of on Final Three Packets for College Teams

Post by TaylorH »

There are still three FLopen packets that no one has heard, and I think it would be fun to to a short, three-round scrimmage mini tournament for college teams that played the first few mirrors. I'd like to invite Maryland, Berkeley, Columbia, WUSTL, Stanford, Illinois, Chicago ( with minor line up change from main site mirror), Duke, UNC, Rutgers, Cambridge, and Oxford to play this mini-tournament (let me know if I missed any closed college teams, UVA has already heard these packets). Nothing against open teams/players, I just thought it'd be interesting to see many of the nationals contenders for this year play some hard packets in a semi-competitive format. I'd be happy to organize a shootout on these packets with the open players after this is run. If your team would like to participate in this event, please either post here or DM me. I don't want to nail down a time date just yet, but I will post a when2meet once some teams have expressed interest. I am thinking a Sunday afternoon sometime in December or January would be best, and I expect this event to only last ~3 hours. Small lineup changes for this are fine, as long as anyone playing the scrimmage does not intend to play any future Flopen mirrors.

Teams who are interested:

Columbia
Stanford
Chicago
Berkeley
Maryland
UNC
Duke
WUSTL
Oxford
Cambridge
MIT
Last edited by TaylorH on Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Taylor Harvey (he/him)
ACF
University of Florida B.S. Nuclear Engineering '17
University of Florida Ph.D. Nuclear Engineering '21
2021 ACF Nationals Champion
TaylorH
Wakka

Re: Scrimmage of on Final Three Packets for College Teams

Post by TaylorH »

All team/players who have expressed interested should vote in the poll posted here to decide on a date: https://forms.gle/YGv56mWXQjcg9BAc7
Please select all date you can attend. If we can't find a date/time that works for everyone, I'd be happy to read the packets as shootout some other time.
Taylor Harvey (he/him)
ACF
SortesVirgilianae
Lulu

Post by SortesVirgilianae »

Hey - apologies, I only just joined the closed discussion group and spotted this post.

We (Oxford) would be interested - are we too late?
Alexandra Hardwick (she/her)
Cambridge 2013-16
Oxford 2016-21

Editor: ACF Fall 2020 (all literature), ACF Regionals 2022 (world literature, linguistics), ACF Regionals 2023 (European literature, world literature, linguistics), ACF Fall 2023 (European history)
krollo
Lulu

Post by krollo »

Cambridge would definitely be interested, too.
Joseph Krol

Cambridge 2016-22
TaylorH
Wakka

Post by TaylorH »

I've added WUSTL, Oxford, and Cambridge to the list. It be nice if we could get on other team interested so we could get an even 12
Taylor Harvey (he/him)
ACF
TaylorH
Wakka

Post by TaylorH »

According to the poll Sunday, 1/10 is the most popular date, so we will run the scrimmage on that date starting at 1 PM EST. We will be using the "main site" Discord server, since many team participating are already in that server. I will send out links to this server a few days before to the teams without access. I will be clustering teams together for play based on their statistical performances at the original FLopen sites to get the most competitive matches possible. This is flexible though, so if any team wants to request they play certain other teams let me know through DMs. This won't be organized like a tournament really, but we will keep score and probably post the results.
Taylor Harvey (he/him)
ACF
krollo
Lulu

Post by krollo »

TaylorH wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:18 pm According to the poll Sunday, 1/10 is the most popular date, so we will run the scrimmage on that date starting at 1 PM EST. We will be using the "main site" Discord server, since many team participating are already in that server. I will send out links to this server a few days before to the teams without access. I will be clustering teams together for play based on their statistical performances at the original FLopen sites to get the most competitive matches possible. This is flexible though, so if any team wants to request they play certain other teams let me know through DMs. This won't be organized like a tournament really, but we will keep score and probably post the results.
Hi - I haven't had any further details about this, just wanted to check it was still going ahead?
Joseph Krol

Cambridge 2016-22