2019 Scobol Solo Discussion

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
Stained Diviner
Auron

2019 Scobol Solo Discussion

Post by Stained Diviner »

Rules on posting set content:
You should only post set content here if either all matches from that round have final scores or it is from at least two rounds prior. In other words, do not post Round 1 content until you were in a room that finished Round 3 or you have seen all the scores from Round 1, do not post Round 2 content until you were in a room that finished Round 4 or you have seen all the scores from Round 2, etc. Do not post tiebreaker or replacement question content until all 14 rounds have been completed. Also, keep in mind that no content should be discussed anywhere else on the internet until this set is cleared, which probably will happen in May.

I hope you enjoyed the set. I wrote all the questions except for about 3-4. Jonah improved my questions a lot. The flaws are my fault.

Feel free to comment on anything at all. I will respond to comments. The set will be posted publicly in May.
Last edited by Stained Diviner on Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
David Reinstein
Head Writer and Editor for Scobol Solo, Masonics, and IESA; TD for Scobol Solo and Reinstein Varsity; IHSSBCA Board Member; IHSSBCA Chair (2004-2014); PACE President (2016-2018)
db0wman
Wakka

Re: 2019 Scobol Solo Discussion

Post by db0wman »

Mr. Reinstein, thanks for the great tournament! One error that a teammate noticed was the Bryant question in the finals said that he wrote "To a Skylark" instead of "To a Waterfowl."
Dylan Bowman
Uni '20; Illinois '23
Stained Diviner
Auron

Thanks for the catch. Your teammate is correct, and that will be fixed for mirrors and posting.
David Reinstein
Head Writer and Editor for Scobol Solo, Masonics, and IESA; TD for Scobol Solo and Reinstein Varsity; IHSSBCA Board Member; IHSSBCA Chair (2004-2014); PACE President (2016-2018)
Stained Diviner
Auron

Here is a video of the Championship Match at New Trier. Do not share this on social media or any place that quizbowlers might see it, because the set is not yet clear. If you get bored by awards, skip the first 17 minutes or so.
David Reinstein
Stained Diviner
Auron

Please archive this thread.
David Reinstein