2020 NAQT MSNCT: CANCELED

Dormant threads from the middle school section are preserved here.
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

2020 NAQT MSNCT: CANCELED

Post by Important Bird Area »

Edit: This tournament has been canceled. Please read our statement about public health and the cancellation of the 2020 MSNCT.
naqt.com wrote:NAQT is pleased to announce that its 2020 Middle School National Championship Tournament will be held at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare hotel in Rosemont, IL, on May 8-10, 2020 This is the same hotel that hosted the 2019 MSNCT.

The field is limited to 160 teams. NAQT may expand the field depending on the level of interest and the availability of facilities and staff.

Full details

Qualified teams may now register here (edit: registration link removed as we are no longer able to accept registrations)

Current field

Please note that we require each player's parent/guardian to sign a participation release for the player. Read more here.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
Important Bird Area

Re: 2020 NAQT MSNCT: May 8-10, Chicago

Wildcard applications and standby signups for the 2020 MSNCT are now open. (edit: links removed as we are no longer able to accept registrations)
Jeff Hoppes
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred
Important Bird Area

Re: 2020 NAQT MSNCT: CANCELED

naqt.com wrote:NAQT regrets to inform the quiz bowl community of the cancellation of the 2020 Middle School National Championship Tournament, which had been scheduled to take place May 8–10, 2020 at the Hyatt Regency O’Hare. NAQT is following the advice from the Centers for Disease Controls and Prevention to cancel events involving 50 or more people through at least May 10.

We know this decision is disappointing to everyone who was looking forward to competing at the 2020 MSNCT. We hope the quiz bowl community stays safe and healthy, and we look forward to seeing all of you at future NAQT events.
Jeff Hoppes
Editor emeritus, ACF