New Alabama Quiz Bowl Team

New high school teams looking for advice should post here.
AndrewWAuburn
Kimahri

New Alabama Quiz Bowl Team

Post by AndrewWAuburn »

Hi, I am looking to start a quiz bowl team at Auburn High School, in Auburn, AL. Although all tips are certainly appreciated, I am looking for advice as to certain tournaments in Alabama in which we can participate in.

Thanks!
Andrew
Andrew
Auburn High School
Auburn, AL
bretthogan43
Lulu

Re: New Alabama Quiz Bowl Team

Post by bretthogan43 »

Andrew,

It is probably your best bet to refer to the NAQT Alabama schedule here: https://www.naqt.com/schedule.jsp?hs=tr ... stal_code= . There is also one located at the top of the Alabama thread of the National Comparisons which also may be helpful for locating tournaments not hosted on NAQT questions. There are tournaments planned at LAMP High School in Montgomery and Enterprise State Community College which I think are close to you.

Best of luck on starting your new team!
Brett Hogan
former player, Wallace State Community College
Athens State University alumni
Rather Wild Indeed
Lulu

Re: New Alabama Quiz Bowl Team

Post by Rather Wild Indeed »

http://home.hiwaay.net/~asca/invitationals.html

Here is the tourney list on the official ASCA website, this will include tournaments which don't run on NAQT questions (NAQT is the biggest provider of quiz bowl questions). The SMART III tournament (about 3 hours away from you) appears to have a large field with smaller teams like yours and all West Point tournaments are well run. The Aggie Invitational in Sylacagua (1 hour away from you) I know less about, but it appears as if they are running the WHAQ II set which I would recommend to starting teams. Other than that, any tournament listed with an IS-(any number)A is good for starting teams as well. Good luck with your team!
Rishik Hombal
Hoover HS 2014-18