Leland Junior Challenge @ Leland HS (5/20; San Jose, CA)

Dormant threads from the middle school section are preserved here.
jando123
Kimahri

Leland Junior Challenge @ Leland HS (5/20; San Jose, CA)

Post by jando123 »

Hello! Leland High School's quiz bowl club will be hosting a middle school tournament on Saturday, May 20th at Leland High School. The tournament will be held from 9 AM to approximately 5 PM.

Middle school teams of all skill levels are welcomed to participate in the tournament, which will consist of tossup and bonus style questions from the NAQT Middle School Series #22 set. Teams will be comprised of no more than 4 players, with substitutions allowed at the halfway point in each set.

The tournament will have a base fee of $60 dollars per team. Teams may claim discounts of $15 per staffer, and $10 per working buzzer system, which must accommodate at least eight players. For teams which did not compete in any tournaments in the 2015-2016 school year, an additional discount of $30 may be claimed.

Please contact Jordan Ando at [email protected] if you require more information or if you wish to register; please include the information of how many teams, buzzers, and staffers will be brought.

Thank you, and we hope to see you there!
Jordan Ando
Leland
idek
Lulu

Re: Leland Junior Challenge @ Leland HS (5/20; San Jose, CA)

Post by idek »

Just a quick reminder that MS-22 will have already been released by the playing of this tournament, but it's ultimately up to you to decide the logistics of that.
Vishal Sivamani
Coppell
Important Bird Area
Forums Staff: Administrator

Re: Leland Junior Challenge @ Leland HS (5/20; San Jose, CA)

Post by Important Bird Area »

We're aware and will make sure that teams planning to attend this tournament have not ordered MS #22 as practice material.
Jeff Hoppes
President, Northern California Quiz Bowl Alliance
former HSQB Chief Admin (2012-13)
VP for Communication and history subject editor, NAQT
Editor emeritus, ACF

"I wish to make some kind of joke about Jeff's love of birds, but I always fear he'll turn them on me Hitchcock-style." -Fred