Fundraising

New high school teams looking for advice should post here.
Memelord_420
Kimahri

Fundraising

Post by Memelord_420 »

Our team receives almost no money from the school or boosters, and we are trying to thing of a creative way to fund raise. Any ideas or previous experiences that have worked well?

User was reminded to enable a signature. --Mgmt.
Couch's Kingbird
Rikku

Re: Fundraising

Post by Couch's Kingbird »

You could always try hosting a tournament. Check out https://www.naqt.com/resources/hosting.html, for example.
Julia Tong
Darien 2014-2018; Co-Captain 2015-2018
Barnard 2018-2022 (VP Columbia Quiz Bowl)
Member of the Connecticut Quiz Bowl Alliance: ctquizbowl.org
J. Young
Wakka

Post by J. Young »

You could do a "trivia night" after school. This has worked for Longfellow in the past.
Justin Young
Longfellow MS '16
McLean HS '20; Captain
Achievement: Walked route of Pickett's Charge
bretthogan43
Lulu

Post by bretthogan43 »

My team has tried a GoFundMe campaign before; it didn't necessarily turn out all that well but I think success depends on how much local support there is for your school. I even put up flyers begging for donations at every store within a 25-mile radius but after a week or two they had all been taken down. Long story short, I really wouldn't recommend trying that.

The best way that we've gotten any funds? Just try talking to some people who you know love and support you (or the school) in whatever you (or the school) do(es) and try to extort donations from them. That's just about the only effective advice I can offer.
Brett Hogan
former player, Wallace State Community College
Athens State University alumni
Memelord_420
Kimahri

Post by Memelord_420 »

Thanks everybody! z

User was reminded to enable a signature. --Mgmt.
Couch's Kingbird
Rikku

Post by Couch's Kingbird »

bretthogan43 wrote:My team has tried a GoFundMe campaign before; it didn't necessarily turn out all that well but I think success depends on how much local support there is for your school. I even put up flyers begging for donations at every store within a 25-mile radius but after a week or two they had all been taken down. Long story short, I really wouldn't recommend trying that.

The best way that we've gotten any funds? Just try talking to some people who you know love and support you (or the school) in whatever you (or the school) do(es) and try to extort donations from them. That's just about the only effective advice I can offer.
This reminded me- my school has sent out letters asking for companies/people to sponsor/donate to us, and it's been fairly successful.
Julia Tong
Darien 2014-2018; Co-Captain 2015-2018
Barnard 2018-2022 (VP Columbia Quiz Bowl)
Member of the Connecticut Quiz Bowl Alliance: ctquizbowl.org