Studying Music

New high school teams looking for advice should post here.
IBAlexanderHamilton
Kimahri

Studying Music

Post by IBAlexanderHamilton »

Hello,

Our team has lost several key members, and in all honesty it is a regrowing team. we have studied extensively for geography, history, trash, and art but we need
severe help with music. do any of you know good ways to learn the "power" details for music questions? We use NAQT style competitions

User was reminded to enable a signature. --Mgmt.
AGoodMan
Rikku

Re: Studying Music

Post by AGoodMan »

For operas at least at the high school level, Quinterest + YouTube (to listen to arias) + Wikipedia summaries should suffice. I personally used Mnemosyne to card those clues and was able to power most opera tossups relatively easily.
Jon Suh
Wheaton Warrenville South High School '16
Harvard '20
acrosby1861
Lulu

Re: Studying Music

Post by acrosby1861 »

randomguy1997 wrote:For operas at least at the high school level, Quinterest + YouTube (to listen to arias) + Wikipedia summaries should suffice. I personally used Mnemosyne to card those clues and was able to power most opera tossups relatively easily.
Also do the same for symphonies and other works. YouTube is very helpful for this, so you can hear what the question is talking about. I think I've used YouTube for music more times than I've used Quinterest or Wikipedia, but the latter two can remind you of what to listen for.
Arianne Crosby
Los Alamitos High School '17
UC San Diego '20