Delta Burke Mirror @ Jefferson CC - Louisville (11/09/13)

Old college threads.
prodski
Lulu

Delta Burke Mirror @ Jefferson CC - Louisville (11/09/13)

Post by prodski »

For the 2nd year in a row, Jefferson Community & Technical College in Louisville Kentucky is pleased to announce we will be hosting a mirror of the Delta Burke tournament on Saturday, November 9th. The global announcement can be found at viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14919
Special thanks to Chris and the folks at Valencia for allowing us to do this again.

Eligibility
Since the Delta Burke is written primarily for Community Colleges, any Community College is automatically eligible to attend. With the lack of competing CC’s here in the Midwest, we will open this up to any team consisting of Freshman/Sophomores only. If you have an upperclassmen who is a novice, please contact us concerning eligibility. No “seasoned” upperclassmen will be permitted – we want this to be an enjoyable tournament for everyone - not a bloodbath.

Fees
Base fee: $120
Buzzer discount: -$5 per functional system
Staffer discount: -$10 per functional moderator
Travel discount: -$10 per 200 miles one-way (from Google Maps)
-$10 for second team ($110)
-$20 for third team ($100)
Minimum team fee: $80

Registration
If you plan on attending this tournament, please e-mail me at peter.rodski AT kctcs.edu. In the e-mail include a phone number at which a member of your team can be contacted on the day of the tournament. Posting in this thread is NOT sufficient for signing up. I will send you a confirmation email and further info if requested (hotel info, ect).

Logistics
The tournament will take place on the SW Campus of Jefferson Community & Technical College, in the Social Science Building. Parking will be ample and free. Lunch WILL be provided (as well as morning refreshments – coffee, juice, doughnuts, ect). Registration will begin at 8AM ET, with the tournament to start (hopefully) at 9AM. Campus map here: http://www.jefferson.kctcs.edu/~/media/ ... of-SW.ashx

Field (12)
Jefferson A
Jefferson B
Jefferson C
Louisville A
Louisville B
Vanderbilt A
Vanderbilt B
Northern Illinois A
Bevill State A
Bevill State B
Bevill State C
Cumberlands A

Any other questions feel free to email me.
Last edited by prodski on Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Peter Rodski
Professor of Mathematics
CCCT Champions 2016
Jefferson Community & Technical College
Louisville, KY. 40272
prodski
Lulu

Re: Delta Burke Mirror @ Jefferson CC - Louisville (11/09/13)

Post by prodski »

I have updated the field and I may cap the field at 16 - we currently have 14 teams interested, so if you want to get in, please let me know soon.
Peter Rodski
Professor of Mathematics
CCCT Champions 2016
Louisville, KY. 40272
prodski
Lulu

Post by prodski »

Congrats to U of L (A), who cleared the field at 9-0. Vanderbilt finished 2nd at 8-1. Top scorer was Alec Krueger of Northern Illinois (91.67 ppg), with Eric Bradley (Jefferson) placing 2nd at 58.33 ppg. Thanks to all who came for a fun tournament, and thanks to Chris and his crew at Valencia for a well written tournament. Stats can be found here: http://www.hsquizbowl.org/db/tournament ... standings/
Peter Rodski
Professor of Mathematics
CCCT Champions 2016
Louisville, KY. 40272
Potatoes
Lulu

Post by Potatoes »

Thanks to Peter and his staff for a nice tournament. It was a lot of fun.
Alec Krueger
NIU '16
NIU '18