CO Trash Tournament

Old college threads.
Birdofredum Sawin
Rikku

CO Trash Tournament

Post by Birdofredum Sawin »

Since people seem to be making lots of "hey, I want to play in [such-and-such tournament]" posts here, I thought I'd cross-post a reminder to get in touch with me (and/or post here) if you want to play the trash tournament at CO. Thus far I know that Jerry will be staffing, and that's about it. I'm guessing there's slightly more interest than that; it would be nice to start getting a gauge on just how much interest there is.

EDIT: Also, if you want to get in touch with me you might want to know that my email address is adyaphe at gmail dot com.
Last edited by Birdofredum Sawin on Thu May 01, 2008 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew

Ex-Virginia, Ex-Chicago, Ex-Stanford
Mike Bentley
Sin

Re: CO Trash Tournament

Post by Mike Bentley »

I think Matt Weiner and I are forming a team.
Mike Bentley
Treasurer, Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence
Adviser, Quizbowl Team at University of Washington
University of Maryland, Class of 2008
pray for elves
Auron

Post by pray for elves »

I plan on playing this event.
Evan
Georgetown Law Alum, Brandeis Alum, Oak Ridge High Alum
Ex-PACE, Ex-ACF
Coelacanth
Rikku

Post by Coelacanth »

If I can convince my usual Trash teammates to travel to Chicago for this (they would be completely non-interested in any of the other CO events) we'll be there, but this seems unlikely.

If I can't, I may come down for the weekend and float around as a free agent or staffer on Saturday, and try to scrounge up some teammates for the trash on Sunday. I'm probably 50/50 on whether I want to do this or not.

If I decide not to come you can probably hit me up for some free-lance editing.
Brian Weikle
I say what it occurs to me to say when I think I hear people say things. More, I cannot say.
Auks Ran Ova
Forums Staff: Chief Administrator

Post by Auks Ran Ova »

I will gladly play and am a free agent.
Rob Carson
University of Minnesota '11, MCTC '??, BHSU forever
Member, ACF
Member emeritus, PACE
Writer and Editor, NAQT
ValenciaQBowl
Auron

Post by ValenciaQBowl »

Two teams will likely be formed from the Florida contingent, which comprises me, Ahmad Ragab, Amy Harvey, Lane Silberstein, Jim Baker, Billy Beyer, and Sean Platzer, though I'm not sure if all of those listed here will be playing. If needed, I'll be happy to read instead of play. I'll e-mail directly when we figure it out (soon).
Chris Borglum
Valencia College Grand Poobah
EncyclopediaCDRom
Wakka

Post by EncyclopediaCDRom »

As of now, I am a free agent, as some of my MLK teammates did not want to compete in ABD. I did not mind playing solo twice in February for UIC, but I suspect that our trash organizers would. Moreover, I need help with basketball, ice hockey, current baseball, music, current TV, video games, and comic books. My love of film history should be evident by now. The Sunday, July 20, 2008 date would be an anniversary of the first landing on the Moon on Sunday, July 20, 1969.

Happy May Day,
Rom Masrour
CPS/UIC
Rom Masrour
president of RomNation at the races
2011 INDYCAR, 2012 NASCAR, 2012 GRAND-AM, & 2012 American Le Mans Series hard card holder
licensed crew member for car #51 in the 2011-2012 NASCAR Nationwide Series & car #15 in the 2012 GRAND-AM Rolex Sports Car Series
"I'm glad you were at Kentucky for Ed's win instead of me."
"Rommy is better known in the paddock than half the drivers are."
"Drivers love Rommy even more than Rommy loves them."