RESULTS: Bulldog Invit. (3/3/07) at PL Dunbar Lexington, KY

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
brownboy79
Rikku

RESULTS: Bulldog Invit. (3/3/07) at PL Dunbar Lexington, KY

Post by brownboy79 »

Dunbar will be hosting an NAQT tournament on March 3rd. It will feature NAQT questions as well as house written worksheets. Despite the addition of the worksheets, it is still an NAQT qualifier for NAQT nationals. We are expecting approximately 32 teams in the varsity division and 16 teams in the JV division. Only the varsity teams will qualify for NAQT. If you or your school is interested, please email Chuck Dean at:
[email protected]
The Answer
Lulu

Post by The Answer »

Field update?
brownboy79
Rikku

Post by brownboy79 »

I don't have the field yet. But as of now, it is approximately 20 teams in varsity and 8 in JV.
EricLeMaster
Wakka

Post by EricLeMaster »

brownboy79 wrote:I don't have the field yet. But as of now, it is approximately 20 teams in varsity and 8 in JV.
Looking forward to the tourney! :)

I'm almost positive we are going... (Johnson Central, that is.)
EricLeMaster
Wakka

Post by EricLeMaster »

It being that the tourney is tomorrow, got a field update? lol.
EricLeMaster
Wakka

Post by EricLeMaster »

Some results:

Varsity:

1) Central Hardin HS, KY

2) Johnson Central HS, KY

3) Simon Kenton HS 'A', KY

4) DuPont Manual HS 'A', KY

JV:

1) Johnson Central 'B'

2) Johnson Central 'A'

(Edit: I found out more results, so I decided to include them.)

We lost 2 of our starters after playing Manual because they had to leave to be at the Flogging Molly concert in Cincinatti on time. That was pretty unfortunate, but congratulations to Central Hardin for a well played game! :)

Good tourney w/ the exception of some flaws (OH YEAH... and the fire alarm going off, lmao), but Chuck did very well running it with what he had... he cracks me up, lol.
Last edited by EricLeMaster on Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Answer
Lulu

Post by The Answer »

yea manual placed 4th we were drained after playing you guys (Johnson Central) in such a close game...that doesnt take anything away from simon kenton they did beat us. They got 3rd and we got 4th.

I would say that the match against Johnson Central was one of the best i've played in all year. It was intense and anybody who saw the match could tell I was visibly focused lol. It was a well run tournament and I hope to see JC at State qr or state qb again.
I'm not a businessman, I'm a business, man
Let me handle my business. -Kanye West
EricLeMaster
Wakka

Post by EricLeMaster »

The Answer wrote: I would say that the match against Johnson Central was one of the best i've played in all year. It was intense and anybody who saw the match could tell I was visibly focused lol. It was a well run tournament and I hope to see JC at State qr or state qb again.
It was a very intense game indeed and you all played a GREAT game. I am pretty sure I can speak for the team when I say it was the best game we played all year. You have a great team. :)
brownboy79
Rikku

Post by brownboy79 »

Sorry for not posting. I, for one was drained yesterday. It should be illegal to make students read questions that long. Labor laws or something, and every year Deano threatens to quit on us, and he hasn't yet.
Eric, those are the correct results as I know them.

Thanks to everyone who came and put up with all the craziness of the day.
brownboy79
Rikku

Post by brownboy79 »

Anyone with suggestions for the tournament for next year, please email me.
pchakravarthy79 at gmail dot com
EricLeMaster
Wakka

Post by EricLeMaster »

Did both first and second place team receive a bid for NAQT?
The Answer
Lulu

Post by The Answer »

i talked to dean while i was there and he said 1-4 received a bid to NAQT so that would be simon kenton, us, jc, and central hardin.
I'm not a businessman, I'm a business, man
Let me handle my business. -Kanye West
mentalchocolate
Wakka

Post by mentalchocolate »

Yeah. For Varsity NAQT events the top 15% (rounding up to the next whole number) are qualified for nationals. With 21 teams (I believe it was 21) in the varsity, the top 4 (3.15 rounded up) teams qualified.
EricLeMaster
Wakka

Post by EricLeMaster »

Thanks... great teams to represent KY at NAQT!
brownboy79
Rikku

Post by brownboy79 »

Actually, NAQT is counting top 6, JV and Varsity. Therefore, it's 15% times the total number of teams that were there. I believe the other two were Madisonville North Hopkins and Dobyns Bennet. I'm pretty sure that's it, but I'll get back to everyone.
EricLeMaster
Wakka

Post by EricLeMaster »

brownboy79 wrote:Actually, NAQT is counting top 6, JV and Varsity. Therefore, it's 15% times the total number of teams that were there. I believe the other two were Madisonville North Hopkins and Dobyns Bennet. I'm pretty sure that's it, but I'll get back to everyone.

I was looking through the list of who qualified and only Russell, Central Hardin, and Paintsville are listed for Kentucky. I was just wondering if we are still going to get our bid because it says the fields are closed.
brownboy79
Rikku

Post by brownboy79 »

Are they really? Fields can't be closed. We haven't even had NAQT states yet. And Dean said that there's like 40 spots left.
EricLeMaster
Wakka

Post by EricLeMaster »

brownboy79 wrote:Are they really? Fields can't be closed. We haven't even had NAQT states yet. And Dean said that there's like 40 spots left.
From NAQT:

The 128-team tournament field is now full (counting spots reserved for qualifiers from state championships) and registration is closed. NAQT will continue to accept teams for a waitlist and will notify them promptly if a spot opens up.

...I guess it is, lol. It's only open to state champions and wildcards now...