A Short Set About Film (2024?)

This forum is for tournament announcements, updates, and results (official or otherwise).
yeah viv talk nah
Wakka

A Short Set About Film (2024?)

Post by yeah viv talk nah »

This is the announcement for A Short Set About Film, a film set to (hopefully) be played sometime in 2024.

I've finished the written portion of Untitled Film Set, but while working on the visual portion, I continued to add written tossups, so I decided to turn the extra questions into this set.

Format

This will be a fully written set of 20 tossups per packet. I have currently written about 6 packets' worth. I doubt I will reach 9 or 10 packets unless anyone is interested in contributing to the set, so the final set will most likely be anywhere from 6 to 8 packets (hence the title).

Content

The content of this tournament will be roughly the same as Untitled Film Set - i.e., no fixed distribution but a healthy variety of topics across genre, time period, and locations.

However, there will be more questions related to "quizbowl-relevant figures" in the world of film (e.g. authors who wrote screenplays and/or contributed to film theory).

I anticipate that the difficulty may be slightly harder, but still quite accessible for anyone who likes movies.

Logistics

I hope to finish by some time in 2024, though the exact time will depend on when I run out of ideas.
If you are interested in contributing to this set, please DM me on Discord (zn#7484) or email me (zubenine[at]gmail).
Ani P.
Farragut, UMD, PSU
yeah viv talk nah
Wakka

Re: A Short Set About Film (2024?)

Post by yeah viv talk nah »

I'm now mostly finished with this set. I actually ended up writing a lot more questions than I had originally intended, so it will now have either 10 or 11 packets - though I'll keep the name as is anyway.

Some additional broad differences that emerged between this set and Untitled Film Set: this one has a lot more common links and fewer questions on directors and individual films.

Since I'd like Untitled Film Set to be played this spring and summer, I'm aiming for this fall or winter to begin mirroring this set.
Ani P.
Farragut, UMD, PSU