KRAMIG II (SHOW-ME More, 3/3/24)

Post high school tournament announcements and results here, along with logistical information. Interest checks, opinions, and other in-depth discussion of tournaments should go in the forum below.
komododragon655
Wakka

KRAMIG II (SHOW-ME More, 3/3/24)

Post by komododragon655 »

I am excited to announce KRAMIG II, an online tournament on SUNDAY, March 3rd, 2024. This is a mirror of the high school regular difficulty set SHOW-ME More. I, Andrew Gao, will be directing this event.

All teams who have not yet played the SHOW-ME More set are invited to play. Teams with nearby in-person mirrors are encouraged to play those, instead of this.

Registration
Register teams using this form. Outside staffers will be paid $25 for staffing the whole tournament and may sign up here. Team registration will close on February 29th at 3:00 PM ET.

Rules
Rosters are capped at 6 players, though only 4 players may play at one time. Players must be in the 12th grade or below. Players are expected to follow NAQT gameplay rules (with timing + other small modifications) and PACE's Honor Code. Active players must show TWO HANDS on camera. Any suspicions of cheating will be investigated and may be reported to quizbowl organizations.

Format
As of now, there is one division for this tournament for all HS and MS teams. A separate MS Division is possible with enough interest. The field is capped at 16 teams, but will increase with sufficient interest/staffers. All teams will be guaranteed 9 games. We will use 20 tossups and 20 three-part-bonuses per untimed round. 15-point powers and negative-5-point negs are in play. There will be no computational math.

Additionally, this tournament is a pending PACE qualifier, meaning high-finishing high school teams may qualify for the NSC in June!

Games will be played on Discord, with Buzzin.live for buzzing. Each individual player must have their own Discord account to join the tournament server. Making an account can be done so here.

Discounts & Fees
Base fee: $70 per team
Late fee (not fully paid within 2 weeks of the tournament): +$30 per team
Shorthanded (1-2 players) discount: -$20 per shorthanded team
Staff discount: -$25 per staffer
There will be a minimum fee of $0 per school. Teams who cancel after February 28th must pay the full fee, barring extenuating circumstances.

Teams will receive a confirmation email after registering. Payment info will be contained within, and teams are expected to pay via Venmo, PayPal, or check within 2 weeks of the tournament. Teams with unusual payment situations or in need of financial assistance should contact me before registering.

Stats & Prizes
Team and individual stats will be posted on hsquizbowl.org within 24 hours of the end of the tournament. There will be live stats up to the game on a Google Sheet, and category and subcategory stats. The winning team will receive an IKEA kramig.

Misconduct
Anyone involved with the tournament, including but not limited to: coaches, players, staff, tournament directors, and spectators will adhere to the PACE Code of Conduct. Misconduct can be reported to this form and/or sent to [email protected].

Contact Info
Please direct any questions to [email protected]. I hope to see your team here!
Last edited by komododragon655 on Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Andrew Gao (he/him)
Chenery Middle School '23, Belmont High School '27
Pandruwu Sheetz, ex-MSQBRank
2022 MS IPNCT Finalist (3rd), 2022 MSNCT Finalist (2nd), 2023 MSNCT Champion
[email protected] | pandruwu on Discord
komododragon655
Wakka

Re: KRAMIG II (SHOW-ME More, 3/3/24)

Field (updated 3/2 -- FINAL)

High school division (24/24 teams registered)
HSMSE (NY)
Lambert A (GA)
Lambert B (GA)
Bloomington Scholars
Canyon Crest (CA)
Great Valley (PA)
Downingtown STEM A (PA)
Downingtown STEM B (PA)
Washington Connections (WA)
Yukon A (OK)
Yukon B (OK)
Classen (OK)
Okemos (MI)
Stevenson (IL)
West Essex (NJ)
Elizabethtown A (PA)
Elizabethtown B (PA)
Waubonsie Valley (IL)
Westview (CA)
Buchholz (FL)
BASIS Cedar Park (TX)
Arcadia (CA)
quantum of solAce
Kiruna Disciples

Middle school division (8/8 teams registered)
Smith (NC)
Sycamore (IN)
Mount Pleasant (NJ)
Cistercian (TX)
Cooper (VA)
Longfellow A (VA)
Longfellow B (VA)
Longfellow C (VA)

Totals: 32 teams, 23 staffers; combined field cap: 32
Last edited by komododragon655 on Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:59 pm, edited 27 times in total.
Andrew Gao (he/him)
komododragon655
Wakka

The field cap has been raised to 24 teams! Teams who haven't played the set yet are encouraged to sign up, as this is one of the last mirrors of SHOW-ME More.

Team registration: https://forms.gle/cpm3NqkoSFYUdG3R9
Staff registration: https://forms.gle/8b3688pJ2AkswBrH7
Andrew Gao (he/him)
komododragon655
Wakka

We have hit the 24-team field cap and are expanding to 30 teams! This will likely be one of the last as we are a bit short on staff at the moment (staffers should sign up here!).
Andrew Gao (he/him)
komododragon655
Wakka

We have once again hit the field cap! Waitlist registrations are encouraged and will be admitted once we have enough staff (staffers, please sign up here). There are no fees associated with registering for the waitlist (or dropping from the waitlist). Also, the first of two logistics emails will be sent out to registered teams tonight/tomorrow. Thanks!

EDIT 2/26: One spot left due to a drop! First-come-first-serve.
EDIT 2: There is a waitlist now. Waitlist teams will be updated on Thursday.
Andrew Gao (he/him)
komododragon655
Wakka

Due to some last-minute drops, all teams on the waitlist have been admitted to the field. We are also splitting into HS and MS divisions with a 24-team cap on the HS division and a 8-team cap on the MS division. There is one spot left for the HS division, so interested teams should register by TOMORROW at 3 PM ET.
Andrew Gao (he/him)
komododragon655
Wakka

Registration has closed but there is still one more spot in the HS Division! I am offering this spot to any eligible team at a reduced fee of $40. I am hoping to remove byes, so if you/your team are interested, email me at [email protected].

EDIT: Spot has been taken.
Andrew Gao (he/him)
komododragon655
Wakka

KRAMIG II went well today!

Special thanks to Sam Macchi and Conor Thompson for helping with seeding the diverse (and somewhat unwieldy) HS field! Conor, along with Abigail AuYeung, Sarah Benner, Krish Chinta, Chris Chor, Roan Dowling, Keira Flenniken, Rohan Ganeshan, Soham Gohil, Elijah Guenthner, Sophia Guo, Terrence Han, Sky Hong, Julius Conner Ingente, Ted Jacobs, Yaj Jhajhria, Wyatt Johnson, Elle Lee, Nicholas Munkhbaatar, Annie Qi, Arjun Vivekraj, and Zoe Wang should deserve lots of praise and thanks for tirelessly staffing today! Another big thanks is due to all 24 HS teams and 8 MS teams that played today. I hope all of the teams enjoyed the tournament and I wish them all the best of luck for the rest of the season!

In the HS Division, Kiruna Disciples won (and will receive the title kramig) by going 3-0 in superplayoffs and undefeated overall! Lambert A, Yukon A, and Canyon Crest tied for 2nd, all going 1-2 in superplayoffs.

HS stats: https://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/8 ... 281-10%29/
HS category stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

In the MS Division, Sycamore sealed the victory with a game-winning power at the end of Round 10. Cooper finished second and Longfellow A finished third.

MS stats: https://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/8 ... 281-10%29/
MS category stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1192445180
Andrew Gao (he/him)