2024 DMA @ UNC 3/2/2024

This forum is for tournament announcements, updates, and results (official or otherwise).
The Blind Prophet
Lulu

2024 DMA @ UNC 3/2/2024

Post by The Blind Prophet »

I’m delighted to announce that UNC will be hosting a mirror of DMA on March 2nd, 2024. DMA is a 1.5 dot set, meaning it is about halfway in between the difficulties of ACF Fall and ACF Winter, and so should be a great set for teams newer to the college quizbowl scene. More information about the set can be found here. I, Jonathan Shauf, will be serving as the tournament director.

Time and Location
The tournament will take place in Dey Hall. Information about how to locate this building will be sent out in the logistics email closer to the time of the tournament. The opening meeting will take place at 8:45, with gameplay beginning at 9:00.

Registration
This tournament is "closed,” meaning that teams must be from a single academic institution. You may register for this tournament by emailing me at [email protected]. Please let me know how many teams, buzzers, and staffers you expect to bring, along with team rosters. The last day to register for this tournament will be Wednesday, February 28th.

Fees
Base Fee: $120 per team
New to Quizbowl Discount: -$60
Buzzers: -$10 per working buzzer system
Staffers: -$20 per competent staffer with a working laptop/charger
Travel Discount: -$10 per 200 miles traveled one way between campuses (as determined by Google Maps)

The minimum fee per team is $60.

The new to quizbowl discount is intended for schools that have not sent a team to any mainstream collegiate academic tournament (not counting exclusively novice tournaments) since September 2022, and which have no players who competed in non-novice collegiate tournaments during that same period.

The initial field cap will be 12 teams, with expansions pending on interest/staffer availability. Any further questions can be sent to my email listed above. I look forward to seeing you there!
Jonathan Shauf
TJ Classical 2020
UNC Chapel Hill 2024

The Blind Prophet
Lulu

Re: 2024 DMA @ UNC 3/2/2024

Post by The Blind Prophet »

Current Field:

UNC A
UNC B
UNC C
UNC D