Super ACRONYM 4 @ The University of Toronto (04Feb2024)

Everything related to trash tournaments, including announcements, results, and discussion, goes here.
jasonz
Kimahri

Super ACRONYM 4 @ The University of Toronto (04Feb2024)

Post by jasonz »

I am very very very very happy to announce that the University of Toronto will be hosting an in-person mirror of Super ACRONYM 4 on Sunday, February 4, 2024 (the day after SCT). The tournament will be held at the Sidney Smith Hall (100 St. George St), and the tournament will begin at 9:00am EST, with an opening meeting at 8:45am. I, the tournament director, am Jason Zhang.

Fees and Discounts

Note: All fees listed are in CAD.
Base fee: +$130/team
Shorthanded discount: -$10/missing player
Buzzer discount: -$10/working buzzer set
Buzzer anti-discount: +$40 for promising a functional buzzer set and failing to bring one (barring extenuating circumstances)
Travel discount: -$2.50/player who travelled at least 200 km one way

Eligibility

This is an open mirror, meaning that in general anybody can play with anybody else regardless of school affiliations. We reserve the right to disqualify any individual players for misconduct-related or other reasons.

Registration

Please feel free to use this spreadsheet to form teams. However, you must confirm your team's registration with me via email (send to jasonjiajun.zhang [AT] mail [DOT] utoronto [DOT] ca AND PLEASE CC uoftquizbowl [AT] gmail [DOT] com) with your roster and any discounts you are claiming. The deadline to confirm your registration is 11:59 PM EST on Wednesday, January 31 - you must email me by then.

Payment can be made to the University of Toronto Academic Trivia Club by e-transferring uoftquizbowl [AT] gmail [DOT] com. Please include "Super ACRONYM 4" in your e-transfer message. If you are unable to e-transfer, please contact uoftquizbowl [AT] gmail [DOT] com for alternatives.

Field Cap

A strict field cap of 9 teams will be enforced for this tournament. A wait list will be available in case teams drop out.

Code of Conduct

We will be adhering to ACF’s ethics and conduct rules. We reserve the right to issue warnings or remove participants from the tournament in the event of misconduct.

Mask Policy
As per club policy, we will be requiring that masks be worn at all times except when eating, drinking, or actively moderating a round.

If you have any questions about the tournament, please feel free to email uoftquizbowl [AT] gmail [DOT] com. I am very very very very excited to see you all on the 4th!
Jason Zhang (he/him)
University of Toronto '25
jasonz
Kimahri

Re: Super ACRONYM 4 @ The University of Toronto (04Feb2024)

Post by jasonz »

I am happy to announce that the field will be expanding to accommodate 12 teams.
Last edited by jasonz on Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jason Zhang (he/him)
jasonz
Kimahri

Re: Super ACRONYM 4 @ The University of Toronto (04Feb2024)

Post by jasonz »

Congratulations to The Working Class Must Seize The Means of Rolls Royce Production for defeating Palauan Pragmatic Plagiarists of Proofs and Playgrounds in a one game final 225-185!
Jason Zhang (he/him)