2024 NAQT SCT at the University of Virginia [3 February 2024]

This forum is for tournament announcements, updates, and results (official or otherwise).
meebles127
Tidus

2024 NAQT SCT at the University of Virginia [3 February 2024]

Post by meebles127 »

The Academic Competition Club at UVA is proud to announce the Lower Mid-Atlantic mirror of the
2024 NAQT Sectional Championship Tournament on 3 February 2024. This tournament will be held in person in Charlottesville in New Cabell Hall, pending confirmation of room reservations. The opening meeting will take place at 0845, with gameplay starting no later than 0900.

COVID-19 precautions
We will be following and enforcing University policies for the tournament. Masks are optional on grounds. Vaccination is strongly encouraged for attendees.

Eligibility:
All participants are required to consult NAQT’s college eligibility rules which can be found here.

We will be utilizing NAQT's online registration system which can be found here.

Fees:
  • Base Fee, first team: 160 USD
  • Base fee, subsequent teams: 135 USD
  • New Program Discount: -20 USD per team (*)
  • Buzzers: -10 USD per fully functional buzzer system, limit 6 per school
  • Staff: -40 USD per moderator. Team-provided staff must be approved by the tournament director, Em Gunter
(*) Teams from schools that neither attended nor hosted a Sectional Championship Tournament (two- or four-year), the Intercollegiate Championship Tournament, or the Community College Championship Tournament in 2022 or 2023

Payment:
We can accept payment in cash, check, Venmo, or Zelle.

Checks should be made out to “Academic Competition Club at UVa.” DO NOT make checks out to the University of Virginia.

Please pay either in advance or on the day of the tournament. The Academic Competition Club at UVa will be providing invoices which you should receive from Joseph Chambers. If you need a W-9 form, please contact me as soon as possible.

Parking:
I am in discussions with Parking and Transportation Services to find out where schools should park.

If your school has registered and would like to change any details of your registration, or if you have any questions concerning the tournament, please email the tournament director, Em Gunter, at vef2jj AT virginia DOT edu.
Last edited by meebles127 on Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Em Gunter
Club President, University of Virginia
Tournament Director, 2023 Chicago Open
Assistant Tournament Director, 2022 and 2023 ACF Nationals

Author of: My Guide to High School Outreach and So You Want to Buy a Buzzer System

"That's got to be one of the most useful skills anyone has ever gotten from quizbowl." -John Lawrence
PetriD
Kimahri

Re: 2024 NAQT SCT at the University of Virginia [3 February 2024]

Post by PetriD »

Is there a field cap for the tournament or a registration deadline? Still finalizing rosters but can submit tentative rosters if I need to secure spots soon.
Patrick Daigle
Cedar Springs Homeschool 2017-2020
The Catholic University of America '24
Quiz Bowl Cardinals President 2021-2024

When in doubt, just say Robert Frost. Or maybe Taylor Swift. Wait, what do you mean it's a biology tossup?
meebles127
Tidus

Re: 2024 NAQT SCT at the University of Virginia [3 February 2024]

Post by meebles127 »

PetriD wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:53 pm Is there a field cap for the tournament or a registration deadline? Still finalizing rosters but can submit tentative rosters if I need to secure spots soon.
It would be easier for me if you make your registrations, even if you need to heavily modify the rosters. This helps with planning, but you may continue to change your rosters.
Em Gunter
Club President, University of Virginia
Tournament Director, 2023 Chicago Open
Assistant Tournament Director, 2022 and 2023 ACF Nationals

Author of: My Guide to High School Outreach and So You Want to Buy a Buzzer System

"That's got to be one of the most useful skills anyone has ever gotten from quizbowl." -John Lawrence