Let's Remember Some Marvel Comics Guys Packet

All announcements for open practices, online or in-person scrimmages, the playing of online packets, and online or in-person playtesting goes in this forum. (Official Skype/Discord tournaments should still be announced in the relevant tournament announcement forums.)
Cheynem
Sin

Let's Remember Some Marvel Comics Guys Packet

Post by Cheynem »

I'll be reading a packet that's basically like Let's Remember Some Guys but on Marvel Comics characters. The difficulty isn't horrible, but you do probably have to have a decent knowledge of Marvel Comics to do well, in the same way that you can't play a Guys sports packet and keep guessing "Tom Brady" (i.e. obviously no questions where the answerline is Thor or Hulk, but not even like Red Skull or Juggernaut--you've been warned). Viable answerlines if this were a DC packet would be Captain Boomerang, Monsieur Mallah, Maxwell Lord, and Lucius Fox type people.

The questions basically only cover comics continuity and tend to favor, as Guys packets would, the eras where I really remember such characters, the 1980s-1990s. This is not to say that there won't be clues about films/TV shows or recent appearances, but these would not be the most used (in other words, if all you know is MCU, you might not fare super well).

There's at least 20 questions right now, but I might do more.

I hope to read this around New Year's weekend--I'll give the exact time and date then, but if those really invested in playing have preferences, please let me know.
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

"You killed HSAPQ"--Matt Bollinger
Cheynem
Sin

Re: Let's Remember Some Marvel Comics Guys Packet

Post by Cheynem »

Since I'm unsure on my New Year's schedule, I'll instead give me more time to finish more questions and schedule this for 8 PM on Thursday, January 4 (Four).
Mike Cheyne
Formerly U of Minnesota

"You killed HSAPQ"--Matt Bollinger