TJ Sheets Bug

Packet databases and other quizbowl sites, apps, or software should be discussed here.
Halinaxus
Wakka

TJ Sheets Bug

Post by Halinaxus »

I discovered a rather amusing bug in TJ Sheets today. So, basically, it appears the formula that computes the number of in-progress games in the "Tournament" tab does this by searching the "Rooms" tab for cells beginning with "TU," since that's what is displayed in the status column when a game is in progress (along with the current cycle number).

However, it doesn't only search cells in the "status" columns, it searches every cell in a row associated with a game room; notably, this includes the "notes" cell. So if a mod begins their note with "TU" (because they had to throw out a tossup or whatever), the formula in "Tournament" catches that and adds it to the count of in-progress games.

In practice, I don't think this is likely to cause issues during the tournament itself. However, it did throw me for a loop when trying to generate category stats, since the script would complain about a loop not being able to fully iterate (I assume because it thought there was an in-progress game). Just wanted to throw this out there in case anyone else ever runs into the same issue.

I'll also note that aside from this, my experience using TJ Sheets has been super awesome and I would highly recommend it to any TD. It made running last weekend's tournament a breeze.
Reilly Melville
Chaska High School '22
Purdue University '26