2024 IQBT Undergrad Championship Call for Writers / Editors

Elaborate on the merits of specific tournaments or have general theoretical discussion here.
kdroge
Wakka

2024 IQBT Undergrad Championship Call for Writers / Editors

Post by kdroge »

We are currently looking for writers and editors for the 2024 IQBT Undergrad Championship, to be held this upcoming March.

In terms of freelance writers, please indicate which categories you would want to write and what volume you would be able to commit to completing over the coming months (for example, 5/5, or 10/10, or more).

In terms of editing opportunities, we have some flexibility in terms of the current editing team, so we're looking for people in pretty much all categories except for philosophy, auditory arts, and literature. Subject editing a category entails writing the bulk of the category, participating in the playtesting / feedback process, and editing freelance contributions.

While there any currently openings in many categories, we are especially looking for writers and editors within the science distribution.

For applications, please list any relevant writing / editing experience for the categories to which you are applying, e.g., past tournaments that you've worked on. Please indicate any colleges to which you are currently tied, for example as a graduate student, teacher, etc. I may ask for a small writing sample from candidates who do not have visible work on the archives, but this is not necessary to include in the initial application. If you are at all on the fence, I encourage you to give it a shot and apply!

Positions will be paid according to the pay rates for IQBT for the 2023-2024 season (which are quite reasonable / competitive).

If you have any questions, or to apply for these positions, please reach out to me via PM on the forums here or via email at [email protected].
Kurtis Droge
East Lansing 08, Michigan 12, Louisville 17
kdroge
Wakka

Re: 2024 IQBT Undergrad Championship Call for Writers / Editors

Post by kdroge »

Thanks to everyone who has applied- We've brought on a lot of great, talented people so far.

I wanted to bump / update this thread to say that we are still looking for a subject editor for physics, and freelance writers for science. Don't hesitate to get in touch with me if you're interested in these positions!

Edited 9/17 with positions that are open and filled.
Kurtis Droge
East Lansing 08, Michigan 12, Louisville 17