Audio Tossup Generator

Packet databases and other quizbowl sites, apps, or software should be discussed here.
Asterias Wrathbunny
Wakka

Audio Tossup Generator

Post by Asterias Wrathbunny »

I've made a version of the script that the PAveMEnT team used to generate audio tossups publicly available in this repository. Instructions for cloning, setting up, and using the script are in the readme.

Much of the credit for this is owed to Young Fenimore Lee and others who contributed their efforts when PAveMEnT originally started.
Victor Pavao
Acton-Boxborough '14, Villanova '18
Dominator
Tidus

Re: Audio Tossup Generator

Post by Dominator »

This is awesome, Victor, thanks for sharing! I hope this script encourages more people to try their hand at writing an audio tournament.

And, of course, if anyone is interested in running an audio tournament on Qblitz, they should email me.
Dr. Noah Prince

Normal Community High School (2002)
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2004, 2007, 2008)

Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy - Scholastic Bowl coach (2009-2014), assistant coach (2014-2015), well wisher (2015-2016)
guy in San Diego (2016-present)
President of Qblitz (2018-present)

AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

Asterias Wrathbunny wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:38 pm I've made a version of the script that the PAveMEnT team used to generate audio tossups publicly available in this repository. Instructions for cloning, setting up, and using the script are in the readme.

Much of the credit for this is owed to Young Fenimore Lee and others who contributed their efforts when PAveMEnT originally started.
Are there instructions for setting this up on a Windows machine?
Fred Morlan
University of Kentucky CoP, 2017
International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, CEO, co-owner
former PACE member, president, etc.
former hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator
Dantooine is Big!
Rikku

Post by Dantooine is Big! »

AKKOLADE wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 8:48 pm
Asterias Wrathbunny wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:38 pm I've made a version of the script that the PAveMEnT team used to generate audio tossups publicly available in this repository. Instructions for cloning, setting up, and using the script are in the readme.

Are there instructions for setting this up on a Windows machine?
Not at the moment — this should be addressed, though, so thank you for drawing my attention to it. I will come up with some instructions to set it up on Windows and post it when I'm able to — hopefully soon. If you're in more urgent need of instructions, dm me and I can help out.
Young Fenimore Lee (they/them)
Stevenson High School 2017
Stanford 2021
The New School 2023
Ohio University 2028
AKKOLADE
Sin

Post by AKKOLADE »

Thanks Young!
Fred Morlan
University of Kentucky CoP, 2017
International Quiz Bowl Tournaments, CEO, co-owner
former PACE member, president, etc.
former hsqbrank manager, former NAQT writer & subject editor, former hsqb Administrator/Chief Administrator