EAST BRUNSWICK PRE-NATIONALS INVITATIONAL SERIES!!!

Dormant threads from the high school sections are preserved here.
mtawfik
Kimahri

EAST BRUNSWICK PRE-NATIONALS INVITATIONAL SERIES!!!

Post by mtawfik »

Hey everyone!

First off, a huge thanks to everybody who attended this year's EB Funfest. I'm Mark, your tournament director here to invite all of you to our annual

EAST BRUNSWICK BEARS PRE-NATIONALS TOURNAMENT!

Date: April 22nd, 2022

Time: Registration will open at 7:45am. Please arrive by no later than 8:30am. The moderator meeting will occur at 8:30am and the General meeting will occur at 8:45am. We plan to start Round 1 at 9:00am.

Packet: NAQT SCT (Division II) - Bear in mind that this packet is more difficult than regular IS sets, and that this tournament is largely intended to be in preparation for nationals (HSNCT or PACE NSC).
A sample can be found [url]here[https://www.naqt.com/samples/sct-d2.pdf].

Location: East Brunswick High School - 380 Cranbury Road, East Brunswick NJ 08816. We will have signs posted on the hallways to help teams navigate through our school. The only open entrance will be the cafeteria entrance on the side. We will be checking IDs like we did at funfest, and we will require a full list of people coming with each school by 4/18/23. All players and chaperones must be put into NAQT by this date. I know I allowed last minute additions the day before for funfest, and I have since been told that this cannot happen again, so I will be a lot stricter about who is let in. For clarification, everyone must have an original photo ID issued by the government or their school for students/teachers at their respective schools only, if you are not currently attending/working at a high school, your photo ID must be government issued.

Format: The field cap is set at 24 teams, which will not be expanded.

Rules: As this tournament is only a few weeks before HSNCT, we will follow all standard NAQT Rules. For timing, however, we will use 12 minute halves, as opposed to the 9 minute halves at HSNCT, to account for the difficulty of this set. There are no computational math tossups or bonuses in this set.

Lunch: There will be pizza and soda available to order from the form linked below. Pizza will cost teams an additional $17 per pie. There is also a Chipotle, Halal Guys, Sarku Japan, and Smashburger, all within a walking distance from the school, as well as many nearby fast food options on Route 18.

Distance Discount: With this tournament we aim to maintain a diverse nationals preparation atmosphere, and we'd absolutely love to have strong teams from other regions come to compete in our tournament! Thus, we will be continuing our travel discount from last year - $10 off per 100 miles traveled by a team one way, according to Google Maps, although the minimum of $50 per team still applies.

Payment Information:
First team: $85
Subsequent teams: $75
Large pizza pie: $17
Experienced moderator (up to 2 per SCHOOL): -$15
Buzzer set: -$10
Minimum fee per team (not including pizzas): $50
Distance discount: -$10 per 100 miles traveled one way according to Google Maps
Teams dropped after 4/08/22 will need to pay the full price as a drop fee.
Please bring either cash or a check written out to EAST BRUNSWICK HIGH SCHOOL to check-in.
Food Order Form: https://forms.gle/RvrJUVcEQ269M95s7

Registration can be found here: https://www.naqt.com/registration/regis ... TLIST_TEAM
(Somehow registration opened up in august when I reserved the set and I didn't realize until recently, and the field already filled up, I'm so so so sorry to everyone else who was hoping to come. Sign up for the waitlist tho, I do anticipate a bunch of last-minute drops if its anything like funfest)
Pizza Orders can be placed through this google form and are due by 3 PM 4/14/2023: https://forms.gle/i4VpVynraESfShyu6

For invoices or any other questions regarding the tournament, please email me at [email protected]
Mark Tawfik
EBHS '23
EBHS QB TD
[email protected]