2023 NAQT SCT New England @ Brown (2/4/23)

Old college threads.
zxc
Lulu

2023 NAQT SCT New England @ Brown (2/4/23)

Post by zxc »

I am pleased to announce that Brown will be hosting the New England site of the 2023 NAQT Sectional Championship Tournament on Saturday, February 4, 2023. I, Walter Zhang, will be the tournament director.

This tournament will be untimed with 11–tossup-bonus-cycle halves.

The tournament will take place at the Barus and Holley building (184 Hope St., same location as our tournaments last year). A campus map can be found here.

Fees and Discounts
Base fees: $160 base fee for the first team from a school; $135 for subsequent teams
- $10 discount per working buzzer system (must accommodate at least eight players)
- $40 discount per experienced moderator
- $20 discount (per team) for schools new to quizbowl (neither competed in nor hosted SCT, ICT, or CCCT in 2021 or 2022)
The minimum fee is $50.00 per team.

Payment will be taken at check-in on February 4, either by cash, Venmo, or check made out to the tournament director (me). If these options do not work for you, please let me know in advance.

Registration
This tournament uses NAQT's online registration system. Registration can be done here, and the field can be found here. Please try to register 7 days before the tournament and finalize rosters 24 hours before.

If you have further questions, feel free to contact me at zrowaltz AT gmail DOT com or brownqb AT brown DOT edu. We look forward to seeing you in Providence!
Walter Zhang
Vestavia Hills 19
Brown 23, 23
zxc
Lulu

Re: 2023 NAQT SCT New England @ Brown (2/4/23)

Post by zxc »

This tournament happened, to say the least. Congratulations to Harvard for clearing the DI field, and to Yale B, who defeated Williams A in a one-game final after the latter beat Yale C in a three-way tie for first in DII! A huge thanks to our staffers, without whom we could not have run the tournament: Anson, Christopher, Iris, Jason, Justin, Mahir, Michael, Shiven, Suraj; as well as Adam Silverman, Josh Xiong, Daniel Sheinberg, and Alexander Tom; and thank you for playing!

Stats are here: https://hsquizbowl.org/db/tournaments/7868/ and will also be on the NAQT website.
Walter Zhang
Vestavia Hills 19
Brown 23, 23