QB Reader Multiplayer

Packet databases and other quizbowl sites, apps, or software should be discussed here.
thedoge
Lulu

QB Reader Multiplayer

Post by thedoge »

Hello everyone,

I'm excited to announce qbreader.org/multiplayer, a multiplayer version of the qbreader you know and love. It's very similar to protobowl, if protobowl was better, had much newer questions, had the option to choose specific subcategories, and had the option to play a set (instead of random questions).

In addition, I fixed lots of bugs in the base website, revamped the design to work even better on mobile, and added checkboxes for bonuses (inspired by MODAQ).

I'm always looking to add more questions to the website. You can find a detailed list of sets on the website here. All of this is powered by the mostly-automated packet parser I wrote, which also includes a question classifier. Feel free to request a set to be added and I will try my best to get it done (note: I plan on adding NHBB questions eventually). If there is a set that you want to be added and it's in .doc files, it would do me a tremendous favor if you could convert them to .docx and send them to me—that would make it much easier for me to add the files.

In the future, I'm looking to make the answerline checking even better and add a dark mode. I'm also considering building a database out of the 250,000+ questions I have stored in my database (which would be more similar to QuizDB than aseems DB).
Geoffrey Wu
NNHS '21 | Columbia '25
creator of qbreader.org
Alejandro
Wakka

Re: QB Reader Multiplayer

Post by Alejandro »

This is really neat. Well done!
Alejandro
Naperville Central '07
Harvey Mudd '11
University of Washington '17
Gene Harrogate
Wakka

Re: QB Reader Multiplayer

Post by Gene Harrogate »

I would propose having different skip and next buttons, similar to protobowl. Otherwise it's easy to have multiple people press the button, some lag come up, and multiple questions getting skipped (or even the room crashing).
Henry Atkins
ex-McGill