qbreader.org/db - A QuizDB Replacement

Packet databases and other quizbowl sites, apps, or software should be discussed here.
thedoge
Lulu

qbreader.org/db - A QuizDB Replacement

Post by thedoge »

I am proud to announce that I have built qbreader.org/db, a quizdb-like search page built on top of the qbreader database.

I will be monitoring the discords and website traffic closely today to make sure things are running smoothly and the server doesn't crash. If there's too much traffic, I will consider moving the database onto its own website.

Feel free to request features in Github issues (preferred), in this thread, or through DMs.
Geoffrey Wu
NNHS '21 | Columbia '25
creator of qbreader.org
Sima Guang Hater
Auron

Re: qbreader.org/db - A QuizDB Replacement

Post by Sima Guang Hater »

This is very good and I've enjoyed using it.

A recurring error is that the string "(3)" is parsed as "1.).". Posting this here before I start seeing a bunch of questions in which the gauge group of QCD is given as SU1.).
Eric Mukherjee, MD PhD
Brown 2009, Penn Med 2018
Instructor/Attending Physician/Postdoctoral Fellow, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Coach, University School of Nashville

“The next generation will always surpass the previous one. It’s one of the never-ending cycles in life.”
Support the Stevens-Johnson Syndrome Foundation
thedoge
Lulu

Re: qbreader.org/db - A QuizDB Replacement

Post by thedoge »

Ah, good catch—new packets shouldn't have this issue, and I'll go back and fix the ~11 instances I could find.
Geoffrey Wu
NNHS '21 | Columbia '25
creator of qbreader.org