NIPPON (Japan themed vanity packet)

All announcements for open practices, online or in-person scrimmages, the playing of online packets, and online or in-person playtesting goes in this forum. (Official Skype/Discord tournaments should still be announced in the relevant tournament announcement forums.)
Galadedrid Damodred
Wakka

NIPPON (Japan themed vanity packet)

Post by Galadedrid Damodred »

I've written a packet of 20 open-difficulty tossups about Japan that I'd like to read on Discord next week. If you're interested, please fill out the poll above. The time will be 10 PM Eastern on the date with the most votes received by Sunday, October 23.

The distribution is approximately 50% religion/mythology and 50% history/geography/miscellaneous. However, many of the tossups involve a mix of academic subjects, so such distinctions are fuzzy in this case.

Scoring will follow the 15/10/-5 standard. Each tossup is capped at 600 characters before powermarking, which is closer in length to NAQT than to ACF.

I won't sugarcoat it - these are difficult tossups. However, I think any quizbowler with some degree of interest in Japan will enjoy them!
Last edited by Galadedrid Damodred on Mon Oct 24, 2022 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Austin Brownlow
Louisville '14, Stanford '16
Good Goblin Housekeeping
Auron

Re: NIPPON (Japan themed vanity packet)

Post by Good Goblin Housekeeping »

👀
Andrew Wang
Illinois 2016
Galadedrid Damodred
Wakka

Re: NIPPON (Japan themed vanity packet)

Post by Galadedrid Damodred »

I will read NIPPON at 10 PM Eastern on Monday, October 24.
Austin Brownlow
Louisville '14, Stanford '16