NAQT Collegiate Novice at Carleton Univesity (9/24/22)

Old college threads.
Gene Harrogate
Wakka

NAQT Collegiate Novice at Carleton Univesity (9/24/22)

Post by Gene Harrogate »

Hi all,
I am happy to announce that Carleton University will be hosting a mirror of NAQT Collegiate Novice (CNS-213C) on Saturday, 9/24. This mirror will be run concurrently with Toronto's collegiate novice and is targeted towards clubs from Eastern Ontario and Quebec. I, Henry Atkins, will serve as guest tournament director. The tournament will begin at 10:00 am ET. I'll send out information about room in the logistics email.

Who is this tournament for?
This tournament is targeted toward players who are new to collegiate quizbowl. Teams should consist of players who have not played a collegiate quizbowl tournament before 2022. If you believe that a player who does not meet this criteria is part of the target audience for this tournament, you can contact me directly at henrya20 at gmail for an exception. If you are concerned that a player might not be part of this tournament's target audience (i.e., the player has extensive high school experience including HSNCT or PACE NSC attendance) you should also contact me.

Registration
You can register your teams on NAQT's website at this link. Please do so before Wednesday, September 21st to guarantee a spot.

Cost
This tournament will cost $80 CAD per team, with these discounts:

-$10/team for each moderator with a functioning laptop + charger
-$10/team for a functioning buzzer set
-$15/team if that school did not attend any tournaments in the 2020-21 school year
-$15/team for a shorthanded team (team consisting of 1 or 2 players)
The minimum fee for a team is $40.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me at henrya20 a gmail. I look forward to seeing you at Carleton!
Henry Atkins
ex-McGill
Gene Harrogate
Wakka

Re: NAQT Collegiate Novice at Carleton Univesity (9/24/22)

Post by Gene Harrogate »

McGill B went undefeated to win. Thanks to all the players and staffers who made this possible, it was great to have some in-person quizbowl again!
Henry Atkins
ex-McGill