University of Mississippi Iteration 3

This forum is for anyone seeking advice on starting a collegiate team, branching out into new types of tournaments, or other "how-to" aspects of collegiate quizbowl.
alexdolin99
Kimahri

University of Mississippi Iteration 3

Post by alexdolin99 »

Hi All,

Alexander Olin here, student President of the Ole Miss Quiz Club Phoenix team. I have previously played in High School, and have managed to restart the Ole Miss team (and brought in 2 teams worth of QB vets and newcomers, along with the old advisor) now that covid is less of a worry.

Anything going on in the immediate future online or in the southeast that I can try to aim for attending?

Thank You,
Alexander Olin
Ole Miss Quiz Club
Alexander Olin
Traverse City Central 2016-2020
University of Mississippi 2022-
Krik? Krik?! KRIIIIK!!!
Rikku

Re: University of Mississippi Iteration 3

Post by Krik? Krik?! KRIIIIK!!! »

Hey Alexander, congrats on the club! Good to see another team in the South. In the "Collegiate Announcements" board on this forum, you'll see threads for tournament sites and events. This college calendar is useful for seeing what sets are being played in the year.

I'd recommend ACF Fall for a newer team like yours. Georgia Tech has a site, and it there's an online site hosted by Oklahoma (though if you can make it to GT in person, that is preferred). I'd recommend keeping an eye out for ACF Winter in November too. Winter Closed, Penn Bowl, and ARCADIIA are all great sets, but are a little tougher.

Good luck!
Ganon Evans
Misconduct Representative
ACF President, PACE VP of Editing, MOQBA
Francis Howell High School 2018, University of Iowa 2021