DUOS II Online "Playtest" Mirror (10/1/22)

Old college threads.
Nurostep
Lulu

DUOS II Online "Playtest" Mirror (10/1/22)

Post by Nurostep »

I am delighted to announce that the DUOS II team will be running an online "playtest" mirror open only to undergraduate college students and current high school SENIORS (class of '23)* on October 1st. Teams do not need to be from the same school. The tournament will be run using Zoom and Buzzin.live for matches, with a central tournament hub set up on Discord. We will use TJ sheets to export category stats after the tournament.
* - if you are in the class of '23, we encourage you to see about possible mirrors in your area or future high school only online mirrors, but feel free to play this mirror if you'd like!

Information on the set can be found here.

Tournament Information:
To sign up for this tournament, please use this sheet. The tournament fee is $50 per team. The sheet will serve as an official registration for the tournament, so if your team is signed up there as of the registration deadline, you will be expected to play the tournament. We are hoping to run 10-11 rounds, but there will be at least 9.

The field is soft-capped at 24 teams, with a current waitlist of 12 more. If there is enough team and staff interest & availability, the field may be expanded.

Players will be expected to show both hands AND their face on camera, as well as the screen of their buzzing device if possible.

Staffing Information:
If you would like to staff this tournament, please fill out this form.

Staff will be paid $30 for staffing the full day in a room on their own, $15 for partner-staffing a room for the whole day. Partial day payments will be worked out as necessary.

If you have any additional questions about the tournament, please email either myself at sinecio928 (AT) gmail (DOT) com or my co-TD, Aarya Singh, at aaryasingh (AT) gmail (DOT) com.
All of our buzzes can become powers if we have the courage to neg.
Sinecio Morales
(Rockford) Auburn HS '23
Johns Hopkins University '27