NAQT Collegiate Novice at Missouri (9/24/2022)

Old college threads.
InfinitePeng
Lulu

NAQT Collegiate Novice at Missouri (9/24/2022)

Post by InfinitePeng »

I am pleased to announce that Mizzou Quizbowl will be hosting a collegiate novice tournament on Saturday, September 24th, 2022. I, Felix Wang will be directing the tournament.

Eligibility

This is a closed collegiate tournament. Teams must represent a single school. Because this tournament will be using NAQT's CNS-213C set, which shares significant question content with the IS-213 high school set, high school students are not allowed to attend this tournament in any capacity (including as spectators or staffers).

This is a novice tournament. Players who meet any of the following criteria must seek permission from the tournament director (me) in order to play:

Have scored 40PPG or higher at HSNCT or PACE NSC, or 50PPG or higher at SSNCT
Was on a team that placed higher than 50th at HSNCT or in the top 24 at PACE NSC
Have scored 25PPG or higher at a collegiate tournament (other than a novice tournament or ACF Fall)
Have played ICT (either division) or ACF Nationals, or played on a team that qualified for either of these tournaments

There are always exceptions to these criteria which can be handled on a case to case basis. Reach out to me if there are players on your team who you believe should be able to play but meet one of the criteria.
Fees
Base fee: $75 per team.
Buzzer discount: $5 per functioning buzzer set.
Staff discount: $10 per team-provided staffer. Staffers should bring a laptop; packets will be distributed and score kept electronically.
New program discount: -$15 if your school has not attended a pyramidal collegiate quizbowl tournament since before September 2020.

Schedule and Logistics
The tournament will take place in Arts and Sciences Hall. Parking is free in most campus lots on weekends; I recommend Virginia Avenue Parking Garage or the lot by the Student Center.

Check-in will start at 8:30 and gameplay at 9. The schedule is TBD based on the number of teams but we hope to guarantee every team nine rounds.

Registration
Registration will be through NAQT's website and can be reached at this link https://www.naqt.com/registration/field ... t_id=13757

The field cap is set to 10 at this time.
If you have any questions about the tournament contact me at [email protected]. Hope to see you all in CoMo on September 24th!
felix

mizzou 23, st. joseph central 19

MOQBA, PACE
1992 in spaceflight
Auron

Re: NAQT Collegiate Novice at Missouri (9/24/2022)

Post by 1992 in spaceflight »

Missouri B defeated Missouri A in both games of an advantaged final to win the tournament.
Jacob O'Rourke
Washington (MO) HS Assistant Coach (2014-Present); MOQBA Secretary (2015-Present)
Formerly: AQBL Administrator (2020-2023); HSAPQ Host Contact; NASAT Outreach Coordinator (2016 and 2017); Kirksville HS Assistant Coach (2012-2014); Truman State '14; and Pacific High (MO) '10

Like MOQBA on Facebook and follow us on Twitter!